Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Layout Bug: views.css for Firefox

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 June 2010, 7:24

I had noticed problem in the position of the "blocktype" box that houses the various block types available to drag-drop when laying out a portfolio view.  The problem appears in Firefox 3.6.3 (on a Mac). 

The left margin of the blocktype box was located on the right-hand margin of the categories list.  I traced this back to line #16 of the views.css, which included a "float: left;" for the category-list.  By removing/commenting this line, the problem resolved itself. 

I have not tested with other browsers, but thought other's might like to know about this apparent layout bug.

Below is an image of the bug before and after removing the float command.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 June 2010, 0:16

Hi Tim,

Strange. I never had that problem in Firefox (all versions starting of the last 2 years) on Mac (10.5 and 10.6). The tabs always worked fine. Currently, I am at Firefox 3.6.4 and the tabs show up correctly.

Does the problem continue to exist for you in Firefox 3.6.4?

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 June 2010, 9:08

Hi Kristina,

Yep, I just installed the latest version of Firefox (3.6.4) and the bug still shows up there (on my machine).  I will keep the float;left on line#16 of views.css commented out for now to resolve this issue.

Tim

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 June 2010, 16:07

Hi Tim,

That's too bad that the problem was not solved. Firefox sometimes does behave strangely. I once had to create a new profile to get some stuff working normally again.

I created a bug report for your problem (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/598270) so that we can keep track of it better on the bug tracker. Please add the version of Mahara that you are using.

Thanx

Kristina

4 results