Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to make a dynamic mahara front page?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 June 2010, 0:24

Hi!

I want to show followings in the mahara front page.

1. public view list (random 10) -displayed by profile icons. When the icons is clicked, a user directed to the view.

2. group list (random 10)- displayed by group profile icons. When the icons is clicked, a user directed to the group

3. user list (random 10) -displayed by user profile icons. When the icons is clicked,  directed to the user's profile view.

I may do this manually for a static front page. But I want to make a dynamic front page.

Thanks.

Account deleted

17 June 2010, 16:27

Mahara 1.2 has some sample code that might be helpful to get you started.  If you look at htdocs/index.php, the part that starts "if ($nviews = get_config('homepageviewlist'))" is a configuration setting that displays recently modified views on the front page.

We'll be taking this out for Mahara 1.3 because the logged-in home page is going to be a new view called the dashboard which users can modify themselves.

Account deleted

21 July 2010, 13:46

Hello!!

I am new to Mahara and I am amazed about and I think my search is over...

Dynamic Front Page is a good idea... But when is Mahara 1.3 be for us?

Where can I suggest some ideas for next releases?

Thanks... Very good job

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 July 2010, 16:45

Hello Milciades,

Great that you like Mahara. Version 1.3 will be out soon. You will learn about the release in the News Forum (automatically, if you are subscribed to the News Forum and receive mails from forums).

You can suggest new ideas in our bug and feature tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug (suggestions will be marked "Wishlist").

If you want to discuss your ideas first, you can do so in one of the forums here in the community space. That way, others see your ideas first and you can then make a feature suggestion based on your original idea nad the community feedback.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results