Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Using Mahara with iPad and iPhone

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 May 2012, 15:56

Hello Richard,

A more detailed bug report would be fantastic, esp. also if there is a difference in behavior if page themes are turned off. As far as I know there weren't many changes in 1.5.1 but the main thing was to fix an issue when upgrading with a MySQL database.

Can you also please try it out on demo.mahara.org? I turned on page themes for today.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 May 2012, 19:30

Hi Kristina

I'm filing a report now. It seems to be the case that with page themes turned on the editing features on the iPad are disabled.

However, if page themes are switched off, it is very nice and the rich text editor is just great - it works on the iPad.

I'm using Mahara latest 1.5.1.

BTW: I don't know how you can live without an iPad ;)

Cheers
Richard

31 May 2012, 20:34

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the report. It's good to know about things that don't work well on other devices from people who are using them.

I have an Android tablet and think it is a brilliant counterpart to the iPad AND you can use it with Mahara for uploading pretty much anything you can share. Smile

Cheers

Kristina

Wullie's profile picture

24 September 2012, 5:15

Richard,

Can you provide a link to the bug report, so that I can follow it please?

Thanks

02 October 2012, 23:10

Hi Wullie and Richard,

Do you want to give it a try on http://master.dev.mahara.org on your iPad and see if you still experience the issues? That runs on the release candidate 1 for Mahara 1.6.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

03 October 2012, 1:46

Hi Kristina

I'm at a conference tomorrow and Friday but give me a couple of days and I will run up Mahara 1.6 on our test server and give it a go.

We are using the iPads quite well with Mahara now although the page themes are still truned off.  The PortfolioUp app is just great for taking pics and videos and uploading them to Mahara.

Cheers

Richard

Wullie's profile picture

04 October 2012, 5:33

Richard,

Can I ask if you had any issues setting up PortfolioUp!?

I manage to get it downloaded no problem and added to the devices, but when I click on the app, it flashes the name of the app, then closes and returns to the device window.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Account deleted

04 October 2012, 8:30

Hi Wullie - no issues really, just setting up the token as I remember - the HTML editor has gone again so no doubt this post will all be on one line :). Cheers Richard
Wullie's profile picture

04 October 2012, 9:51

Great, I can't even get to the token section.

Can I ask what device(s), you are using (in case it's an IOS version issue)?

Thanks

Account deleted

04 October 2012, 14:48

Hi Wullie - I'm using an iPad 3 with OS 5.1.1. We are running Mahara 1.5.2 over Debian Squeeze and using MySQL, PortfolioUp version is 2.2. Cheers Richard.