Forums | Mahara Community

News /
Moodleman = Maharaman

This topic is closed. Only moderators and the group administrators can post new replies.
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 May 2010, 6:32

Yes

We have him coming to Southport on Monday - looking forward to getting Mahoodle going in our school.  He's a real asset to the community.

Cheers

Richard Jones
eLearning Coordinator
The Southport School
QLD

Account deleted

29 May 2010, 18:26

This is driving me crazy!  I now have nearly 40 of these emails.  Please do something to stop them.

Julian Ridden's profile picture

29 May 2010, 18:39

Hi all, the spamming was not qute the welcome gift I was hoping to impart. Looking into it now.

Julian

Account deleted

29 May 2010, 19:54

Hi Julian

I Have the same problem Im having to go to my webmail address to purge delete your emails, before I open up outlook explorer or im bombadded with up to 50 a time.

Hope the problem can be solved.. The glitches that happen in e-learning.

Can you tell us what you did to solve the problem, (when you do)incase it ever happens to us

Cheers

Junita Lyon

Account deleted

29 May 2010, 20:55

Hi all,
We're looking into what has happened here. In the interim I have deleted Sigi's post in the hope that this stops the repeat posting. Sorry Sigi, it was a great message. Here's hoping this stops the problem until we have a chance to investigate.

regards
Richard

Account deleted

30 May 2010, 0:35

Well that proves the point that it is a bug on the site rather than something Sigi was doing ;)

What we were missing was the fact that the next post to the thread was not being sent .... it is now ...

Account deleted

29 May 2010, 21:13

hey Julian I hope things settle down for you soon.  Sigi has certainly signalled us with a memorable entrance for you in your new role.  I always think these sorts of things hold some sort of message for us all!  my best wishes, Trudi

Account deleted

29 May 2010, 22:56

These emails are still coming to me.

Account deleted

30 May 2010, 1:00

Now getting Richard's emails en masse.  You've got to have a sense of humour.  At least you can read it again if you've accidentally missed the first one...two...three...four...  Good luck sorting out the bug.Smile

François Marier's profile picture

30 May 2010, 5:29

Apologies to all who were affected by this problem earlier today.

The emails should have stopped by now and we've disabled all forum emails until we find (and fix) the root cause of this problem.

We'll post more details (including what you can do to avoid having this problem on your own Mahara site) soon.

Cheers,

Francois