Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Text box editor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 March 2010, 6:55

Hi

Is there a way of making the text box editor in design view of a view bigger. We are using text box templates and learners are becoming confused because they cannot see enough of the editing screen. There used to be a full screen option, but that seems to have disappeared in 1.2.

Look forward to your responses.

Kevin

steve P's profile picture

16 March 2010, 18:44

Hi Kevin, this was raised in the Developers forum, and identified as an introduced bug. It should be fixed in an upcoming release...
Account deleted

17 March 2010, 5:39

Thanks Steve, do we know when the next release will be?
steve P's profile picture

17 March 2010, 20:03

The fix might already be available via git. Original discussion thread is here:

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1574

Account deleted

17 March 2010, 21:21

We've decided to leave this as is for the moment.  There are some issues with the WYSIWYG editor not transferring the content back to the main window when the fullscreen window is closed. Losing all your work because of this problem is probably more frustrating than working in a smaller editor, so until we can fix that problem, the fullscreen feature will likely remain disabled.

The bug report is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/530656

As always, feel free to make suggestions for how we could work around this. Making the editors larger by default is something we will probably do, but isn't an ideal solution.

Cheers,

Evan 

Account deleted

18 March 2010, 4:53

Thanks Evan

Is there a way of increasing the size in the page code, which file would I look at to do this?

Kevin

Account deleted

21 March 2010, 17:46

Kevin,

You'd have to do it for each editor by changing the 'rows' and 'cols' values for the 'wysiwyg' form elements. The edit profile form is defined in artefact/internal/index.php, the resume form is defined in artefact/resume/index.php, and so on. If you need to know where a particular form is defined in code, I can help you out.

Alternatively, if you want all wysiwyg editors across the entire site to have the same size, you can simply add some values in lib/form/elements/wysiwyg.php. At the top of the pieform_element_wysiwyg function, just put something like this (adjusting the values as you desire):

$element['rows'] = 20; 

$element['cols'] = 80; 

Hope that helps.

Evan 

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

07 September 2010, 17:59

Hi Evan,

I realy tried but without luck. I realy need a much bigger textbox in the editor for the textbox artifact across the entire site. Any help is much appreciated.

Quote: "Alternatively, if you want all wysiwyg editors across the entire site to have the same size, you can simply add some values in lib/form/elements/wysiwyg.php. At the top of the pieform_element_wysiwyg function, just put something like this (adjusting the values as you desire):

$element['rows'] = 20; 

$element['cols'] = 80;"

Below are a couple screens to explain. The first is a document the kids are to maintain. The second is what they see when the edit it. I would like the editor to be bigger so its about the size of the red box.

8 results