Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Text Box Resize

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 February 2010, 19:14

Hi,

I have just been playing with some (View)  templates and realized it is no longer possible to 'Full Page' the WYSIWYG editor.Prior to 1.2 this was a 2 step process ie open a small WYSIWYG editor then click a full screen button. Is there a way around this? I just tried the Mahara.org 1.2 demo and it is the same (so it is not just us).

Regards, Ian
Foliospaces.com

Account deleted

27 February 2010, 15:54

Hi Developers,

working with text boxes in full screen mode would be great.

I just tried resizing the default wysiwyg editor window for now but unfortunately I can't find the proper css file.

Firebug says that the div area is 'blockinstance_952_configure'

Can you tell me where to look for the css file?

thx Alex

Account deleted

01 March 2010, 17:39

Does nobody know where I can find the right css file?

I really tried my best :( 

Account deleted

01 March 2010, 22:09

I agree that this matter is really important. I have a few table based templates that are really difficult to edit in a small window. The general View text box editor now appears to be the same as this one, with no option to full screen. If anyone can help please share your solution.

Cheers, Ian

Account deleted

02 March 2010, 0:43

Ian and Alex,

Feel free to create a bug report/feature request here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug

In the meantime, you might try using an external editor and copying/pasting into Mahara when you are done.

Cheers,

Evan

Account deleted

02 March 2010, 7:13

Hi Evan,

fair enough point, but this is not a bug. It was a feature that was in the previous versions of Mahara and it is not a feature of the current editor. There are plenty of work arounds as you suggest, but users often lack digital literacy skills which is why editors are so  important. The copy paste button (from MS Word) is a great addition to this editor but the lack of a full page mode is a bad omission.  I agree with Alex, that we need a fix so if anyone can help it would be fantastic.

Cheers, Ian

Account deleted

02 March 2010, 8:52

Hi Ian, Hi Evan,

I just filed a feature/bug request @

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/530656

It's propably easy to fix and will hopefully be changed with the next release or be available @Git

Account deleted

02 March 2010, 15:52

Totally understood, and getting that feature back is definitely on our list. It actually is a bug, and one of arguably the worst kind: regression. Sometimes new code breaks existing features, and it can be difficult to know when this has happened. We appreciate the community letting us know by posting here and filing bug reports. It'll be looked into very soon!

Cheers,

Evan 

Account deleted

02 March 2010, 16:55

Thanks very much Evan thats great. I have a lot of students using Mahara, and they certainly let me know when they are not happy. It is a great way to find problems though.

All the best,

Ian

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

02 March 2010, 21:12

While squashing the bug, I wonder if it is possible to add a 'save' button at the bottom of the 'Full Page' view. I recall always being  a bit hesitent to x-out of that full screen before saving in the regular screen.
36 results