Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Need Help with images

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 March 2010, 6:46

Hi I have a mahara site that relies on images - these are not showing  at present - there does not seem to be a feature to find a file on the site I just have to copy a url - if so where do I get this from?

Cheers Dave

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

12 March 2010, 9:09

Hi,

if you have uplaoded the pics in the file area. the next step is to create a view and insert the pics thru the correct blocktype here.

Feel free to ask if you find problems.

Heinz 

steve P's profile picture

14 March 2010, 23:22

Dave,

If you need to insert one of your uploaded images into a text area, for example, try this method for obtaining the URL:

1. Open a new browser tab or window if necessary (so you can create your view in one, and get the URLs from the other)
  2. Browse to your files area and the appropriate folder
  3. Where you see your image listed, right-click on its file name
  4. Click 'Copy link location' (in Firefox, something similar in other browsers)
  5. Paste the link into the URL field of wherever you're inserting your image
Hope this helps.
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 March 2010, 13:31

Hi David,

I support Heinz's suggestion. When you are in a view, go to "Files, images and video".

Then drag the block "An image" into your content area of the view. You will be able to select one image from your files are to make visible. Thus, you do not need to know the URL of the image.

For the textarea it would be beneficial to be able to choose the image similar to the way in the blog posts though that would mean they'd have to be attached first.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results