Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Feedback Editor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 March 2010, 11:55

Hello,

Where is the coding for the feedback editor found? We want to make the editor more like the report content editor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 March 2010, 10:28

Hi Allen,

If you use version 1.2 you should already have the WYSIWYG editor included for the feedback. That was part of one of our feature requests for improving the feedback.

geedback_editor_v1_2
Uploaded with plasq's Skitch!
Account deleted

07 March 2010, 10:42

Hi Kristina,

Yes we do but, if you take a look at the report objectional material editor you'll notice that the advance options aren't there. We would like to do the same for the feedback editor. We don't really think that having the advanced options would be wise for our site. I haven't found where to edit this function to change the style of the editor box.

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 March 2010, 13:21

Hi Allen,

Sorry that I misunderstood your question. I couldn't find any option for turning off the WYSIWYG editor for the feedback. We had discussed to allow an admin the option of enabling WYSIWYG or just plain text.

I think now we have to wait for an answer by one of the developers, e.g. Richard, who may know where to find it or where to disable the WYSIWYG editor.

Kristina

Account deleted

08 March 2010, 15:22

Ok, thanks for your help. I will keep searching the files until I find it or until one of the developers gives me an answer.
Account deleted

08 March 2010, 21:52

Hi Allen,

I don't think we have a site option for turning off the html editor yet.  You can turn it off for any particular form by changing the type of the pieform element from 'wysiwyg' to 'textarea'.  For the feedback form this is in htdocs/lib/view.php inside the add_feedback_form function.

Account deleted

09 March 2010, 9:03

Ok, I was looking in the wrong directories. Thanks Richard for your help:)
7 results