Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Text Box Resize

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 September 2010, 19:54

I've just replaced the patch I mentioned in the last post: it introduced a layout bug in blocks where the configuration form can change its height (e.g. the files to download block, which gets longer as more files are uploaded).

steve P's profile picture

29 September 2010, 0:29

I already installed the first patch. Will the new patch fix the introduced bug or do I need a separate patch for that?

Account deleted

29 September 2010, 0:40

Steve,

This patch from master will apply cleanly on your already-patched 1.3 and will remove the introduced bug:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/0e7a938a8b5005efca86403e156c453f1af940ae

R.

Account deleted

05 October 2010, 18:28

Okay, third time lucky I hope.  I've had to change the patch again to add a unit (px) to the width property, which some browsers need.  The new patch is here:

http://mahara.org/artefact/file/download.php?file=94160

(If you've already applied the previous one, use this instead: http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/ff8b17d30ff7edd62eed77e58fa8141543ce95ce.patch)

Account deleted

22 October 2010, 6:36

Hallooo everyone,

thought it might be useful to share a 'hack' of ours that we are using on our TDM installations to kind of 'solve' the textbox size problem until it's fully resolved.

It applies to ALL text boxes in mahara, so it isn't really a fix for the resizing just in mahara views.

It adds a drag resizer to the bottom righthand corner of your texteditor so you can drag it to whatever size.

• Insert the following two lines in /lib/web.php - at line 127 before... theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",

theme_advanced_statusbar_location: "bottom",
theme_advanced_resizing : true,   
Again, want to make it clear that this is a 'hack' to the core code and wouldn't be transferred in any update.
Account deleted

02 November 2010, 22:01

Thanks so much Tom. It is brilliant.

Regards, Ian

Sam Taylor's profile picture

03 November 2010, 12:01

Thanks for sharing!

Account deleted

17 February 2011, 5:26

It was great when I tested it and then I had a couple funky things happen later on. I had to take back what I said about it being such a great hack. Very cool though.

Account deleted

17 February 2011, 6:12

Further testing done. Can confirm it doesn't work. Causes images to disappear and general mayhem in my server log.

v1.3.3

Account deleted

22 February 2011, 4:54

perhaps you could share some of this testing information and maybe we can work together to work it out.

We are running Mahara 1.3.3 and it works really nicely Cool 

could you show us a screenshot of the abnormalities? 

Cheers,