chat

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 October 2009, 15:52

Why don't mahara have a chat?
Account deleted

15 October 2009, 16:58

Because nobody has developed, funded, or thought it was important enough to do either so far Wink
Account deleted

04 August 2010, 9:00

Has anybody thought this was important yet. We want to integrate this. If no one has started on it yet, I will begin investigation.

Thanx

Caryn

Account deleted

14 November 2011, 4:47

I'm thinking it's important (today at least).
But some other chat I  could integrate securely would be nice instead.

Oh... Hello all to my new community.

Geoff

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 November 2011, 16:29

Hello Geoff,

Welcome. Smile What kind of chat were you thinking about? Just text? Would you like to integrate an existing chat service, e.g. via an embed code or offer your internal chat?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

24 April 2012, 7:39

Sorry about the delay - I don't get email from this forum.

Can I subscribe?
(I couldn't see the 'Subscribe' button but I could after posting - ignore the question)

To answer your question - I haven't much preference.
An integrated one would be less effort (no filiters or plugins etc)
An emdedded one would be more flexible(?)

Which is no answer really.

Geoff

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 April 2012, 22:42

Hello Geoff,

Great to hear from you again. There is actually already a wishlist item for it on the tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/547932 I linked this conversation for easier finding.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

05 June 2014, 10:28

Just to let everyone know that we've been working on this and have a patch in review now. Currently the patch is here:

https://reviews.mahara.org/3401

(note that the url will probably change as it is going to be broken up into some smaller commits soon)

The patch integrates PHPFreeChat into Mahara, providing a floating chat window allowing users to chat with their friends 1 on 1 and also group chat between all members of each group.

There are obviously lots of additional features that could be added but we hope this will provide good basic chat functionality and allow more advanced features to be added in due course.

Simon

Account deleted

22 September 2014, 13:40

Is there a chat plug-in yet? This thread says it has been abandoned, and this thread says that it is only reliant on an upgrade.. I have wrote the Aaron Wells who is the author with no response.

I am a student with Gaia University and I am developing the main Mahara group that will host all our forums and a gallery of the students e-portfolio work. I have had it as one of the main goals of the group to have chat capability, but have yet to find out how. Does anyone here know how and which plugin to install? Thank, Simha

A post by Account deleted was deleted

10 results