Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
external links

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 October 2009, 6:02

I want to add a link from my porfolio to a page where I work with students.

How can I insert that link?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 October 2009, 7:24

Hello Madalena,

If I have understood correctly your question, you would like to create a sort of collaborative page-space within Mahara. Am I right?

Since Mahara is an eportfolio platform, for individual and peer-to-peer assessment, it doesn't support collaborative activities, such as group blogs or group wikis, for instance (indeed, somebody asked me a very similar question about group blogs recently).

When you say "to a page where I  work with students", what kind of collaborative work do you plan to do with your students?... Giving feedback or sending a comment about a particular topic?...

There are different possibilities, depending on what you want. In any case, the best way of working with your students is to create a Group, in which you appear as an administrator, and invite your students  to join it (or, if it is a controlled membership group, student would join it compulsory).

Once the group is created, you can create and submit views from your portfolio, so that your students can give feedback; or you can create fora about different topics.

Does it make sense?

Regards

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 October 2009, 14:54

Hello Madalena,

Aaricia (aka Mari) already made some suggestions for how you may be able to do some collaborative work in Mahara. 

I understood your question in a simpler way. You just want to create a link because you have already set up a space somewhere else where you already work with your student, e.g. a wiki, your course management site etc.

There are a couple of possibilities as far as I can see.

Link for all Mahara users

If you have your installation just for your students or there are others in your institution using Mahara who need to access your link, you can ask your admin to put it into the Links and Resources Menu. There you can decide whether everybody should see the link or just users who are logged into Mahara.

Link just for your group of students

1. You can create a link to any web page in the description of a view or group with the help of the editor by clicking on the link symbol (linked chains two to the left of the HTML in the first row). 
  2. If you want to create a link within a view, you can use the text box block under "General". There you can also write your text and link it to any page.
  3. You can place a text block also on your profile page and put the link in there so that students just click on your profile and reach the link.
  4. You can put the link into your introduction which you can display on your profile page.
If that is not what you are looking for, please write down some more details. Smile

Kristina
3 results