Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Spam

Don Presant's profile picture

09 February 2011, 14:03

Thanks for trying Kristina...that's odd about the careerportfolio.mb.ca timing out...the server is at Bytemark in the UK and I seldom have a problem over in North America.

09 February 2011, 13:38

Hi Don,

I tried both your address with Firefox / Safari and Chrome, on Mac.

If I had no problem with your first address (demo.mahara....)

I got some with the other one (carrerporfolio.mb.ca....)

I effectively got randomly the sign in box. In fact sometimes the URL changes adding &login at the end

http://careerportfolio.mb.ca/view/view.php?t=nUKrCzt2sNkJBT5EbmRV&login

Problem there is....

-dajan

09 February 2011, 14:04

Thanks for validating, dajan!

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

09 February 2011, 21:27

To add to the mistery: Don I got into your page after being presented with a login screem 4 times. After that I could see the page.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 February 2011, 1:16

Hello Don,

I could now get into your site. I was also presented with a login screen. Undecided

Is the patch applied correctly? Do these secret URL login screen problems occur on other Mahara 1.3.3 sites that were patched?

Maybe I am usually accessing the site at a weird night time when there is maintenance done on the server? This time it took just about 5 seconds to load. The other times, I couldn't get anywhere.

Cheers

Kristina

10 February 2011, 5:27

The patch?...is the fix not part of the overall 1.3.3 upgrade?

The admin screen says: Mahara version: 1.3.3 (up to date)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 February 2011, 16:27

Hello Don,

Good question. It kinda looks like this fix for the secret URL is in 1.3.3, but I can't say for sure. Richard or Francois or somebody else who knows the git repository would have to confirm. In the change log it says : "Fixes to permissions in secret URL views and feedback attachments"

Cheers

Kristina

11 February 2011, 18:06

Thanks Kristina, I'll share this with my developer. I'll report back to this thread once I know the answer.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 February 2011, 15:50

Yes, that particular fix did make it into 1.3.3, but the 1.3.3 fix was only for the problem of the first hit on a secret url, when your browser hasn't stored a view access cookie.

If the login screen is coming up more randomly, even after the first successful access, then it's a different problem and it would be very useful if anyone can see a pattern to it.

29 results