Forums | Mahara Community

Comments on feature proposals /
Moodle/Mahara Integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 June 2009, 2:45

Roadmap Item:  http://wiki.mahara.org/Roadmap/Moodle_Mahara_Integration

Status: Parts are constantly in progress, but there are many more things that could be done.

If there's anything that strikes you as important on the wiki page, or there is something you think is missing, please feel free to mention that here.

And if you can contribute funding towards doing some or all of this work, please let us know!

Account deleted

24 June 2009, 18:33

Hi Nigel,

Just checked out your YouTube video of the import and export feature for 1.2 (which was excellent by the way), but noticed that you mentioned in there that the 'submit a view to Moodle for assessment' feature was going to be made available as a plug-in for Moodle 1.9 - is this correct? I'd be very keen to see this in action with 1.9 - as much as I am looking forward to 2.0 I would like to at least be able to show off this feature using one of our internal 1.9 sites if it was available.

Cheers,

Mark.

Account deleted

24 June 2009, 23:48

The Mahara code is in git, in the moodle_outcomes branch. The Moodle code is available at http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=moodle-r2.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mdl19-mahara-assignment

We don't have a demo pair of sites set up for it, it's not finished being developed yet, but an enterprising technical type at Netspot could probably set up installs from the respective branches and get it running Wink. Or grab the code from the branches and apply it to your internal sites etc. The Mahara side is for Mahara 1.2 of course, which is currently very broken, so you might have some issues demoing it for a while.

Account deleted

25 June 2009, 3:52

Hello Nigel,

I will wait until the release of the 1.2 Beta then.  Can you confirm if the new integration features described in the Roadmap documentation-submiting work for assessment, exporting work to courses, transfering blog and forum posts- will work between Moodle 1.9 and Mahara 1.2?

We have just recently migrated to the latest version of Moodle 1.9., so I wouldn't like to migrate again.

Regards

Account deleted

25 June 2009, 21:18

Only submitting views for assessment will work, that's the only work we've been doing recently.

The other stuff will be done as funding allows Wink

Account deleted

16 November 2009, 21:09

Hi folks, especially Nigel:

I've looked around the forums and wiki trying to get a sense of the current state of Mahara/Moodle integration now that Mahara 1.2 is out. Is there any page that list the features in order of most accesible to least accesible, thus:

• features that work with Mahara 1.2 and Moodle 1.9.6, right "out of the box",
  • features that require Moodle modules/plugins,
  • features that require Mahara plugins,
  • features that require code hacking / not packaged as plugins.

many thanks  ~  Patrick
Account deleted

16 November 2009, 22:04

Single sign-on works right now, with a bit of effort clicking around.  As far as I'm aware everything else requires plugin-installing and hacking.  It will get better with Moodle 2.0.

I doubt there is any page comprehensively listing all the Moodle-Mahara integration features, but the beginnings of one is on the wiki here. Feel free to add to it with whatever extra information comes out of this thread! :-)

Account deleted

16 November 2009, 23:41

Looks like Richard's got you covered Smile

Other stuff that might be coming up includes a backport of the Moodle portfolio API from 2.0 to 1.9, which would allow exporting of more stuff from Moodle to Mahara - but I'm not sure if that project is 100% planned yet. 

Account deleted

20 July 2009, 19:24

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the heads up - I totally forgot about this post until this morning and felt sheepish when I realised I hadn't responded!

Given that it is 1.2 dependent I think we'll wait a bit before getting an internal demo up and running, but as soon as the 1.2 code is close to being stable then I'll most definitely be asking Ash very nicely if he can get the code from git and get us a site running that I can make up some screencasts from. Looking forward to it :)

Mark.

9 results