Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Multiple File Uploading Unzippping Issues

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 June 2011, 20:02

We are currently experiencing issues with multiple file uploading. I can send a selection of files to a compressed zip folder & upload then unzip, but it continues to require unzipping & seems to be breaking the files into individual components.

We have an Institutional setup on the Foliospaces site which is currently running version 1.3 of Mahara. The computer I am using is running IE8, Windows 7 & Office 2010.

I was in the process of creating an Adobe Captivate demonstration for a group of teachers who are creating portfolios as part of our staff capability development program on eLearning Facilitation when the issue became apparent. I have created a view & added the Adobe Captivate file & created a Secret URL for this view which may assist in troubleshooting a solution or workaround:  http://www.foliospaces.com/view/view.php?t=PYjD6nzQAhE3pZ8IawqX

My guess is that it has something to do with Windows 7 & Microsoft Office 2010 as I have completed this task on several occasions previously with no issues prior to our work computers being upgraded.

Any advice you can provide would be great as this group is almost completed & need to be able to upload several files for inclusion in their portfolios; may need to do this individually until a solution is found which will be time consuming.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 June 2011, 20:09

Hello Nayomie,

Did you also have the problem with zip files that contain .docx files? You write that you use Office 2010.

We came across a problem with docx files. I included a link back to this topic here at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/803229

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 June 2011, 7:12

Hi Kristina

Yes it is specifically (so far anyway) .docx & .xls files that we are having issues with.

The Adobe Captivate file referred to in my previous post above is a recording I was attempting to create to demonstrate multiple file uploading to our staff participating in our eLearning Facilitation program which was supposed to show them how to upload multiple files to their ePortfolio. I included it here as it has captured the exact error I am discussing (as it happened) & may assist with troubleshooting the issue.

I have since managed to replicate the issue on another computer running IE 7 with Windows XP & Office 2010.

I have successfully uploaded & unzipped mutiple image files with no issues on both systems, so I really think it is an Office 2010 issue.

I also replicated the issue in Mahara 1.4rc1 under Windows 7, IE8 using Office 2010.

Thanks for the link to the topic :)

Regards

Nayomie

3 results