Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Registration fails

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 September 2009, 7:52

Hm, the log doesn't seem to be available right now. I'll have another try later.
Account deleted

09 September 2009, 19:00

Hi - it's there now, but it doesn't look like it's got any messages from Mahara in it - just apache messages Frown
Account deleted

16 September 2009, 13:14

Hi Nigel

I cannot complete registration - 

Couldn't send email to giorgi zautashvili with subject You have registered at Mahara. Error from phpmailer was: Could not instantiate mail function., referer: http://localhost/mahara/register.php

That's what I get in apache error log when trying to register as a new user

What does this mean

Thanks 

Giorgi 

Account deleted

16 September 2009, 13:41

I solved the problem!

Find the line $cfg->smtphosts in lib/config-defaults.php, uncomment it and copy into config.php.

$cfg->smtphosts = '  '; specify here your VALID SMTP host name and that's it, no more problem with sending email.

Regards

Giorgi 

Account deleted

17 September 2009, 16:35

YES!! It works here too, THANK YOU very much you two for all support!!! Thanks!

Great great, 

Kind regards

Alex

01 December 2009, 1:37

Hi Giorgi, I got the same problem. When a user send a message, an error message showed up ' Could not instantiate mail function : ERROR something bad happened after headers have been sent. Check the error log for more information'.

The message was sent and received.

Then I checked the log, the first 2 lines are (since they are too long to write) :

[WAR] 85 (lib/web.php:2090) Headers already sent when redirect() was called (output started in /var/www/mahara/lib/phpmailer on line 527, referer: http://...(my mahara-site)/user/sendmessage.php?id=5&returnto=find

Call stack (most recent first);, referer: http://...my mahara-site/user/sendmessage.php?id=5&returnto=find

My engine w\is Ubuntu 8.04, PHP 5.2.4, MySQL 5, Apache 2,mahara 1.2

Any suggestion...?

Thanks

Sulaiman

Account deleted

11 December 2009, 16:16

hi

i am using wamp server.. i am getting the same error ..snmp host not connected

can i use smtp=smtp.gmail.com ?if not what shud i use? 

Account deleted

26 March 2010, 5:36

Hello Nigel,

I'm getting started with Mahara and I'd like suggest us of introducing a "mail configuration" section in the Post-Installation Instruction.

Sorry if that information yet exists but I didn't know where to find it. Could you guide to a more advanced administration documentation of Mahara, please?

Thanks in advance

Miguel

Account deleted

07 June 2010, 9:39

I'm looking for it also. Thanks in advance

Koro

Account deleted

07 June 2010, 9:40

And I'm also receiving this error:

Could not instantiate mail function. ERROR - something bad happened after headers have been sent. Check the error log for more information.

Once for user, when I try to jump from moodle to mahara. Then I try again, and no problem.

Thanks in advance again