Account deleted

21 August 2009, 15:18

I have included my config.php file:

?php
$cfg = new StdClass;

$cfg->dbtype   = 'mysql5';
$cfg->dbhost   = 'localhost';
$cfg->dbport   = null;

// I created the DB called mahara (the extension moodlev1_ was then added by system)
$cfg->dbname   = 'moodlev1_mahara';

//I created a new user(manager) and then added it to the mahara database
$cfg->dbuser   = 'moodlev1_manager';
$cfg->dbpass   = 'manager09';

$cfg->dbprefix = '';

$cfg->wwwroot = 'http://moodlevle.org/mahara';

// I'm assuming that '/home/' really replaces the 'http://moodlevle.org/'
$cfg->dataroot = '/home/mahara/uploaddata';

// I have left out the closing php tag and then tried including it - same results:
// "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration ..."
?>

I have checked and rechecked to ensure that the database and user have been set up properly.  When I try to run my mahara, I get the following message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration ...

Any suggestions?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 August 2009, 2:15

Hi - those internal server errors are caused by apache, not PHP. Have a read of http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator's_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Troubleshooting and see if it helps Wink

Edit: fixed link 

Edits to this post:

• anonymous profile picture Account deleted 24 August 2009, 23:07
Account deleted

22 August 2009, 9:16

Thanks Nigel.  I went to the troubleshooting section as you suggested and as a result I deleted the .htaccess file and also ensured that the maharadata folder had the appropriate permissions.  During the installation process I got an error message referring to magic-quotes.  To try and retify this I created a php.ini file and included the statements:

magic_quotes_gpc    =    Off 
magic_quotes_runtime=    Off
magic_quotes_sybase    =    Off 

This didn't resolve the error. Now every time I select a differnet tab, I get the following messages:

[ENV] 57 You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc is on. Mahara is trying to work around this, but you should really fix it
[X]
Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...", 1, true, true) at /home/moodlev1/public_html/mahara/lib/errors.php:102
  • log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...") at /home/moodlev1/public_html/mahara/lib/mahara.php:93
  • ensure_sanity() at /home/moodlev1/public_html/mahara/init.php:79
  • require("/home/moodlev1/public_html/mahara/init.php") at /home/moodlev1/public_html/mahara/artefact/internal/index.php:33

Also, everytime I click on a different tab I have to log back in.

Thanks in anticipation,

Aidan

Account deleted

24 August 2009, 23:09

The troubleshooting page also has a solution for this, just below the .htaccess solution Smile
Account deleted

25 August 2009, 11:50

Hi Nigel

Thanks for that.  That's that problem resolved. I now have the same re-login problem (as mentioned in the Q&A section just after the first solution).  My  host company will not make any manual changes in the Apache configuration so I was hoping it might have been the 2nd solution re setting up the dataroot incorrectly.  

This is the current configuration in my config file: $cfg->dataroot = 'maharadata';

I am assuming that this 'maharadata' folder is the folder within the main 'mahara' folder.  I had created another 'maharadata' folder at the same level as the main 'mahara' folder but it still has nothing in it.  If this is the one I should be pointing to, what should the "$cfg->dataroot ="  statement read?

Thanks

Aidan

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

25 August 2009, 12:32

Hi,

the maharadata folder should/must be definityly outside the mahara folder. In my install it is outside the public_html folder in which I created mahara folder

e.g: $cfg->dataroot = '/home/h1xxx/maharadata/';

my mahara folder is '/home/h1xxx/public_html/mahara'

Heinz

Account deleted

25 August 2009, 16:33

Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!!

Thank you both so much, Nigel and Heinz

That's me sorted (until next time!!)

Aidan

25 August 2009, 17:08

.CoolLaughingWink

25 August 2009, 17:09

I just noticed that a posting with only icons is not accepted. "File a bug?" Tongue out
Account deleted

25 August 2009, 17:42

Yes indeed Wink I think I know why - because they're all image tags, the check for whether the posting is empty strips all tags and then checks (so we don't include <br>). Whoopsie!
10 results