Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
SAML config error

Jin Zhang's profile picture

02 April 2024, 11:35

Hello,

We got the following error when try to config SAML on our Mahara instance.

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: [WAR] d2 (lib/errors.php:530) [SimpleSAML\\Error\\CriticalConfigurationError]: The configuration is invalid: predis/predis is not available. at /var/www/html/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/lib/SimpleSAML/Store/Redis.php:31PHP message: Call stack (most recent first):PHP message:   * exception() at Unknown:0PHP message: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function xmlrpc_error() in /var/www/html/lib/errors.php:662\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/lib/errors.php(541): MaharaException->handle_exception()\n#1 [internal function]: exception()\n#2 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/lib/errors.php on line 662'

it looks like we don't have predis/predis module.  Does Mahara release package have predis/predis? 

Thank you!

Robert Lyon's profile picture

02 April 2024, 13:48

Hi Jin,

The predis vendor module should be included with the release package - what version of Mahara did you install and what was the name of the release file?

The predis vendor module should be located at htdocs/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/vendor/predis/predis/

If you are installing via git you will need to run

make cleanssphp && make ssphp

from commandline in the same directory as the Mahara's 'Makefile' file

Cheers

Robert

03 April 2024, 3:49

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the reply.  We installed Mahara 23.04.04 with PHP 8.1 and the file we download was mahara-23.04.4.zip (with PHP 8.1).  I downloaded the file again today and unfortunately I couldn't find the predis module in the package. 

I also downloaded the release package with PHP 7.4 and the PHP 7.4 package has the predis module and a lot more vendor modules than the PHP 8.1 package.     

Thanks.

04 April 2024, 4:14

Hello,

is that possible to provide a new PHP 8.1 package with these vendor modules?

Thanks!

04 April 2024, 11:04

Hi Jin,

We are in the process of getting this fixed up and should have updated release files for PHP 8.1 later today

Cheers

Robert

05 April 2024, 13:08

Hi Jin,

This is taking longer than I first thought - hopefully I should have this fixed up by the end of next week

Sorry for the delay

Cheers

Robert

10 April 2024, 9:47

Hi Jin,

I've added compiled release files for Mhaara23.04.4 PHP 8.1 with Redis working with SAML to https://git.mahara.org/catalyst/mahara/-/releases/23.04.4_RELEASE

Please try one out and let me know if it works for your situation

Cheers

Robert

11 April 2024, 2:50

Hi Robert,

thank you for the new file.  I will try to install it and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Jin

11 April 2024, 8:08

Hello Robert,

I hit another road blocker after installed the new files. I still cannot view the SAML metadata page. Here is the error log when I try to view saml metadata page.  Also, another related question, do you have instructions for compiling code from source?  

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: [WAR] ff (lib/errors.php:530) [Error]: Call to protected method Gettext\\Translator::addTranslations() from scope SimpleSAML\\Locale\\Localization at /var/www/html/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/src/SimpleSAML/Locale/Localization.php:239PHP message: Call stack (most recent first):PHP message:   * exception() at Unknown:0PHP message: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function xmlrpc_error() in /var/www/html/lib/errors.php:662\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/lib/errors.php(541): MaharaException->handle_exception()\n#1 [internal function]: exception()\n#2 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/lib/errors.php on line 662'

Thanks,

Jin Zhang

12 April 2024, 10:27

Hi Jin,

Did you extract the files from the zip over existing files? There might be files within auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/ that are not meant to be there anymore.

Cheers

Robert

16 results