Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
TinyMCE modifications?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 August 2009, 2:58

I'm thinking of upgrading TinyMCE in my Mahara install, because the version used in Mahara 1.1 is pretty buggy and a couple years old.  They have since released many, many updates.

So, where modifications made to the TinyMCE code to get it to work with Mahara?  If so, do you have any documentation of what changes were made or at the very least, any idea of what was changed?  I haven't been able to find the same version online anywhere so I could just do a file comparison. So, any tips would be great.

Account deleted

18 August 2009, 18:49

Hi - we upgrade TinyMCE on master to the latest version (3.2.5 at the time we did it). You could probably grab the related commits from the git repository, as we did all the hard work already Smile

The easiest way to find them is to clone the repository, and git annotate the tinymce files to find what commit upgraded them.

Failing that - I don't believe we actually changed anything within TinyMCE, but I could be wrong. We registered a hook for doing the image insertion on the blog posts at least. Richard Mansfield would know more details, I'll point him at this thread to see if he knows more Smile

Account deleted

18 August 2009, 19:07

Yeah, I don't think I made any changes to the TinyMCE directories themselves, apart from the language packs.

The changes I made in Mahara were:

• the TinyMCE init function in htdocs/lib/web.php
  • custom code in the blog post edting screen which overrides the TinyMCE image button
  • bug fixes on admin/site/pages & the textbox block on the view editing page
  • htmlpurifier filters for twitter & skype badges, which needed to deal with changes in formatting by tinymce 3.

The relevant commits are the five top ones here:

http://git.mahara.org/?p=mahara.git;a=log;h=1d2a23e83946eaa38157b4a6cc619b4db8b90302

Account deleted

18 August 2009, 21:50

Excellent! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I was able to successfully upgrade TinyMCE without too much trouble.  There were barely any changes that were specific to Mahara 1.2, so making the changes in 1.1 wasn't too difficult at all. 

I do need to finish making the modifications, but I do have TinyMCE 3.2.5 working great in Mahara 1.6.

Thanks for the help!

4 results