LTI SSO jump in menu from moodle to mahara

Simon Lewis's profile picture

01 December 2023, 22:16

Yes, you're right, the permission must have been changed at some point:
Launch external tool activities mod/lti:view - set to allow

Everyone has to login anyway, so there's no real 'guest' users on our moodle

Kenneth Todd's profile picture

04 May 2024, 20:57

Hi Everyone, is this the best way to go to setup a one click link to get students access directly into Mahara from Moodle? With our MNET connection we have a menu item in the Theme menu bar which links straight to Mahara so if I read the posts correctly we need to create a course in Moodle and add the LTI activity and link to that from the menu bar? We are upgrading from 22.04 to 24 and see the message that MNET is not the way to go so are trying to work out how to connect our Moodle site to Mahara for SSO purposes and data transfer between the two sites. I have the links to the Mahara Manual page which is clear about how to setup Mahara and Moodle for the LTI connection but nothing about the best way to implement one link that students can select from Moodle to get directly to their dashboard in Mahara. Any help would be much appreciated.

04 May 2024, 22:19

You might add this LTI activity to the frontpage of moodle so that you do Not Need a course for this. I think the capabilitys in this LTI activity has to be configured so that Authenticated Users are allowed to use this activity on frontpage.

Kenneth Todd's profile picture

09 May 2024, 23:16

Thanks for the comments Andreas, we will look into this option.

14 results