Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Hiding some functionalities

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 August 2009, 0:18

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Mahara and I was wondering if it was possible to hide some functionalities inside MAHARA like the "blogs tab", "profile page", "goals" for example.

If it is possible, how do I do that?

Thanks

Tuki

Account deleted

13 August 2009, 2:28

Hi - in Mahara 1.1, that can only be done through removing the code (and some database entries). When 1.2 is released, you'll be able to disable quite a few of these plugins from the Manage Extensions page in the admin section - including the Resume and Blogs.
Account deleted

13 August 2009, 5:16

Hell Nigel,

I am testing the new Plugin Administration fuctionalitiy right now, It looks quite smart, although, I guess that in the end, it will be transfering power from users to administator, instead of the user-centred platform that we got at the beginning (dificult to please everybody :-) ).

Just one quick remark:

I can see how to disable/enable the following:

but not blog tags, unless you don't display them on screen by altering the code.

I imagine that it is because it is an alpha version not finished yet.

Regards

Account deleted

13 August 2009, 18:41

The disabling functionality is only for plugins, so there you can disable those blocktypes. And you can disable the blog plugin itself (under Artefact plugins). But an actual "sub feature" of them, like blog tagging, can't be disabled from that screen, and yes you'd have to remove it from the code for now.

If you want the ability to enable/disable tagging, please file a feature request, and we'll see what we can do Smile

4 results