Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
Problem uploading photo

Eric Tanguy's profile picture

22 June 2022, 18:48

Hi, i'm trying to use Mahara Mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 8) but when i take a photo and after that trying to upload it nothing happens. I see the process running and after a time it stops. The photo is still in the upload queue and nothing in the portfolio. All the other functionnality (File, Journal Entry and Audio) works fine. If i take a photo and after that upload it as file it works fine. I use 21.10.3 version from the beta channel but i can't see the version from the appli i need to go to the playstore for that.

Thanks

Eric

22 June 2022, 18:49

Screenshots

• Screenshot_20220622-083612_Mahara Mobile.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220622-083645_Google Play Store.jpg
Doris ⚡'s profile picture

23 June 2022, 11:03

Hi Eric,

Please check that your Mahara account has space available for the file you are trying to upload (just in case your storage limit has been reached). This can prevent your files from uploading.

Can you also provide screenshots of your device's software information at 'Settings -> About phone -> Software information'? Please tap on each section to run updates if there are any before reporting back. We'd like to compare the details to a Samsung Galaxy S7 we have on hand, as that does not run into your issues.

Kind regards,

Doris

23 June 2022, 17:53

Hi Doris, i'm not sure how to verify the space available but when i upload a photo using file instead of photo it works fine!

Kind regards

Eric

• Screenshot_20220623-074256_Settings[1].jpg
  • Screenshot_20220623-074304_Settings[1].jpg

30 June 2022, 11:13

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the screenshots. When you press go to take a photo within the app, is it the default Android camera opens to take a photo - and are there any errors that come up when it fails?

To check the storage usage of your Mahara account go to 'Create -> Files' area. On the side of the page will be a 'Quota' block and there it shows how much storage you have left.

Kind regards,

Doris

30 June 2022, 19:00

Hi Doris,

yes the default Android camera app is opened when i try to take a photo within the app and there is no error!

About the Quota, i use only 1.7 MB from 50 MB.

I tried to look for the image stored on the Android system file and i found nothing. The image is stored inside the app or somewhere else ? How to be sure that file exists ? Because when i take a photo and upload it using file all is ok!

Kind regards,

Eric

05 July 2022, 13:04

Hi Eric,
After matching your device, software build, and language, we still didn't have success in replicating your issue.
We are currently working on the next beta release for Mahara Mobile. Once that is available, you can check if your issue still persists.
Kind regards,
Doris

7 results