Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Using the Wall on other pages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 August 2009, 15:03

Is it possible to place the Wall form onto another page.  EX:  When the user logs-in the logged-in home page has an area where they can post something to their own Wall instead of going to their Profile View.  I don't want to take it out of their Profile View I just want to add it to the logged-in Home page.  Also, I just want to display the part where they post to their wall and not the part where it displays their posts.
Account deleted

03 August 2009, 18:10

Hi - to do that, you'd need to write a bit of code.

The code in blocktype/wall/lib.php would be most helpful. You'd need to create a pieform that has the right fields in it to post to their wall.

In fact, looking at the code, you might be able to use PluginBlocktypeWall::wallpost_form() directly. If you can get the right instance number for the user's profile wall (if they have one), that function should make it easy.

The instance number you can probably get by a query like this:  select id from block_instance where blocktype = 'wall' and view = (select id from view where type = 'profile' and owner = 1).

Though be careful - people may have removed the wall from their view, or added more than one, so check what result you get and perhaps only present a form if you get one ID back?

Hope that helps Wink

Account deleted

31 August 2010, 13:09

I have been working on this very plugin. I have it the status box on the dashboard. I am working on the display to show the wall posts there as well for all folks instead of just mine. I am getting an error that the pieform isn't  defined, so I am still tracking that down.

I copied from the wallpost plugin directly and have made my changes there. Any help on why it wouldn't like the pieform on the dashboard but doesn't like it on the dashboard would be greatly appreciated!

Laughing

3 results