Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
<a href> tag not working since upgrade

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

25 January 2022, 0:21

Hello

Last week, we upgraded to v 21.10.0   I've noticed that some pages which have the <a href> tag in text blocks are not working.  The links are to files in the public folder.  I think it has something to do with Text blocks now being Notes.  Similar lines of code work in Notes but cannot be edited but they do not work in Text blocks but can be edited.

Any advice?

Regards, Marion

25 January 2022, 4:41

Hello, when I say href links are not working, they require the user to log in, whereas previously they didn't.

Since our upgrade, I notice we have two public folders in the Files area (with the same name).  I initially thought that was the issue but the href links to a document placed in the newer public folder don't work either.

Marion

Doris ⚡'s profile picture

31 January 2022, 17:23

Hi Marion,

You mentioned that there are two public folders. Have a look at this post in case it’s related. Can you please describe how you’ve set up the pages, including who owns the page, where the public folders are, and the type of access others have to the page? 

If you could provide an example of a link which previously worked as well as the user that is trying to access the page.

Kind regards,
Doris

01 February 2022, 0:11

Hello Doris, thank you very much for responding.

I spent a good while testing this last week on a number of different occasions and was pretty sure I had pinpointed the behaviour.  Then I rebuilt the pages that were critical.  Today I can't replicate the fault at all.  I had also reported this to our host - perhaps they did something ...

Regards, Marion

4 results