Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem Exporting portfolio

Mario Gharib's profile picture

20 January 2022, 21:12

Dear Mahara-ers,

I recently installed the latest version of Mahara 20.10.0 as a fresh copy on Linux 3.8.13 (Apache: 2.4.6, postgresql 9.2.24, PHP 7.4.26) 

When I try to export my portfolio using the latest Chrome, Firefox & Edge, it reaches a point and stops on "Copying extra files" (cf. screenshot below).

prob_export_portfolio1.png

I noticed in the installed plugins, I have three export plugin types, html, leap & PDF. So I deactivated the PDF export plugin (cf. screenshot below) in order to see what happen when I export my portfolio.

installed_plugins.png

I tried to export my portfolio one more time using the latest Chrome, Firefox & Edge, but again it reaches a point and stops on "Writing files" (cf. screenshot below).

prob_export_portfolio2.png

Does anyone know if this is a bug in the latest version and how to fix it ? Thank you !

24 January 2022, 20:31

Hello again,

After installing the PHP ZIP extension, when exporting the portfolio it passes successfully the phase "Copying extra files" BUT it reaches the point "Writing files" and stops. If I deactivated the PDF export plugin, I can successfully export the portfolio.

So we still need to know what is the problem with the PDF export plugin.

Regards.

M.G.

Robert Lyon's profile picture

27 January 2022, 9:27

Hi Mario,

The issue with the PDF export may be due to the memory limit if you are exporting a big portfolio.

One thing you could try is changing the memory limit in the following:

htdocs/export/html/lib.php

@@ -165,7 +165,7 @@ class PluginExportHtml extends PluginExport {
      */
     public function export($createarchive=false) {
         global $THEME, $SESSION;
-        raise_memory_limit('128M');
+        raise_memory_limit('512M');

$summaries = array();
         $plugins = plugins_installed('artefact', true);

Cheers

Robert

27 January 2022, 19:54

Thank you Robert for replying.

I changed what you mentioned but still didn't work. 

4 results