Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Posted comments are not displayed

AB-Net's profile picture

03 November 2021, 15:59

Hi,

I have a clear install of mahara version 21.10.

I created a collection and entered comments in the collection, but the comments I entered as before do not appear at the top of the comment entry field.

The comment count is displayed increasing.

When I went back to the dashboard and displayed the comment again, the comment was displayed as before.

Isn't it possible to display a comment as soon as you enter it?

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Doris ⚡'s profile picture

09 November 2021, 13:01

Hi AB-Net,

To help us better understand your issue, can you please provide a screencast for the following steps? Alternatively, you can follow these steps at demo.mahara.org which is on version 21.10 and let us know if the behaviour matches your instance of Mahara.

1. Create a collection and enter comments in the collection.

2. Go back to the dashboard and display the comment again.

By default, comments are displayed chronologically and should appear as you create them without you needing to refresh the page. If you wish to have the latest comments appearing first, go to your institution's settings at Administration menu → Institutions → Settings and set the 'Comment sort order' option to 'Latest'. You can read more on institution settings in the Mahara manual.

Kind regards,

Doris

AB-Net's profile picture

12 November 2021, 6:07

Hi Doris.

I tested the comment input in both the environment where the comment was not displayed and the demo environment.

In both environments, the comment was displayed normally immediately after it was entered.

Since I am using a Japanese environment, I thought that there was a possibility of troubles that occurred when using multibyte characters, but it is displayed normally even in a Japanese environment, and it is possible to reproduce the troubles. I could not do it.

The post will be canceled once.

If the trouble recurs, take a screen capture again and post it.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

3 results