Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Add SmartEvidence to group collections

21 September 2021, 20:48

Hi all

I was hoping someone could help with me with a small issue i have. I'm the site admin (IT guy) for our mahara instance and Ive been given a diff file to update mahara so we can  Add SmartEvidence to group collections.

The problem is i setup mahara via git (i ususally just git a git pull when i want to update mahara) and i was given the diff file but no instructions on how to install it. Do you know how i install this file/update? 

Robert Lyon's profile picture

22 September 2021, 10:23

Hi Anthony,

I am assuming this is the change you are wanting to add the patch shown here:

https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/11853/

If that is the case then you can just cherry-pick it to the git branch of your Mahara like so:

git fetch https://reviews.mahara.org/mahara refs/changes/53/11853/8 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

Hope that helps

Robert

22 September 2021, 23:39

Cheers for that robert im very grateful for the quick reply. Yea thats pretty much it. I might give the diff file ago (as mentioned below) a bash first failing that i'll just do a git pull like you suggested. Again thanks for the speedy reply much appricated 

Doris ⚡'s profile picture

22 September 2021, 12:46

Hi Anthony,

If this is a ZIP with a .diff inside. You can extract it and run`git apply <filename.diff>` to apply the changes in the same place you would normally run `git pull`.

Kind regards,

Doris

22 September 2021, 23:38

Thank you very much for your quick reply im very grateful i'll give that a try and see what happens. 

24 September 2021, 20:17

Thank you very much for the answer this appears to have resolved my question. I applied the diff file as you suggested and the guys are checking mahara now to make sure the diff didnt break anything :) 

Thank you so much for everyone who replied, from one extremely greatful (and relieved) sys admin. 

Regards

Anthony 

6 results