Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Exploring Mahara - LDAP User Issues

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 July 2009, 9:33

We're exploring using Mahara at our University, and I've been tasked with getting a test installation up and running so we can take a look at its full functionality.  I've completed the installation process, configured an instituation, and added an LDAP source to that institution.  I believe I have it setup correctly, as I'm able to log in using LDAP credentials.

As soon as I log in with LDAP, it asks for First Name/Last Name/EMail address.  This is issue #1 -- based on the questions in the LDAP configuration, I assumed it would pull these from LDAP.  (They are stored in LDAP and can be seen after binding as the user -- not sure if they can be seen anonymously).  The 2nd issue comes after filling in the fields.  It will continue to tell me that I need to add an email address as a "required profile field."  I have filled this in a half-dozen times, logged in/out, etc.  I do not see that the email address is stored in the usr table in the Mahara database.  (We are using a MySQL database.)

I'd appreciate any insight into this you all can offer.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 July 2009, 15:22

Hi - are you sure you've filled in the 'field for first name/last name/email' fields properly in the LDAP auth instance config? Mahara will grab those fields from LDAP if they're available. You might find it helpful, if you think they are specified correctly, to put some debugging code in the appropriate places in auth/ldap/lib.php to see whether the plugin is getting the data back.
2 results