Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with Views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 July 2009, 6:24

Following a new installation of Mahara 1.1 Ihave just created my first view, but have found a bit of a problem. It appears that I can only add a limited number of blocks. I have added three text blocks to my view in the first column and my blog in a second column. When I try to add a fourth text box it does not let me do so!!!!! Is there something that I have not activated in the admin area or is this some sort of bug?

Look forward to hearing from somebody soon.

Kevin

Account deleted

28 July 2009, 15:24

Hi - there shouldn't be a limit on the number of blocks you can add, or where you can add them.

Some questions:

• What browser are you using?
  • What's your view layout? How many columns, where are the blocks, where is the block you're trying to add supposed to go? Have you got a link to it?
  • Are there any errors on screen when you try? If so, what are they? What behaviour are you seeing when trying to add the last block?
  • Any errors in the javascript console or in the apache error log for your Mahara vhost?
Account deleted

29 July 2009, 3:37

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the quick response. Using Explorer 7, view layout = 2 columns (left hand wider than right hand) I have 3 large text blocks in left hand column and 1 blog block in right hand column. Trying to add another text block to the bottom of the existing text columns in the left hand column.

I did get one error mesage once. I can force it down, by putting it between blocks and then moving it down block by block, but when the screen gets refreshed it moves to the side of a nother block, squeezing itself in.

There are a whole bunch of error messages in the Apache error log. Best thing is for me to give you access to our Mahara, perhaps you can see for yourself. Will e-mail you the details and the error log.

Account deleted

29 July 2009, 18:42

Hi - thanks for that information, and the details (you're lucky I got them, you sent them to [email protected], but I monitor that Wink). I'll investigate it soon.

4 results