Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
XMLRPC on GoDaddy (Installed, but not recognized)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 July 2009, 4:41

I am trying to network my Moodle and Mahara installation hosted with GoDaddy, but I am getting an "Sorry, you cannot configure Mahara networking because your PHP installation is missing one or more required extensions: xmlrpc" error.  I have addressed this with GoDaddy support and they ensure me that all the required extensions for xml-rpc are installed on their end and it must be a php.ini or application configuration problem (neither of which they support).  Does anyone have an idea what would need to be done in my php.ini to remedy this problem?  I would really like to be able to have a SSO for these applications.  Thanks.

Account deleted

27 July 2009, 18:20

Presumably, you must put a line like:

extension=xmlrpc.so

In your php.ini - though I'm not sure exactly why you'd have access to a php.ini - it must be some shared hosting weirdness.

Account deleted

27 July 2009, 19:38

No luck.  At least as of right now it does not seem to change my error.  Unlucky.  Any other thoughts?
Account deleted

27 July 2009, 20:33

On shared hosting, I think the 'php.ini' isn't actually the system PHP.ini, but a file they provide for people hosting with them in order to reduce confusion when they google for why something isn't working, and the solution is 'modify the php.ini'.

What this means is, you probably have a php.ini, but it's not a "real" one - it might be read to make some changes, but maybe not all of them are allowed, like the loading of extensions.

I'm only speculating. But basically, shared hosting is bad for this reason Frown. It's so hard to get an environment where everything will work... I'm afraid I don't have any more ideas - maybe someone else out there has got Mahara running on GoDaddy hosting before?

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

27 July 2009, 22:24

About a year ago, I made the decision to take out an account at a VPS (Virtual Private Server) provider. Although there was a bit of a learning curve it is a move I do not regret as I am able to install the tools and files and extensions I need for certain programs. The cost is very competitive to shared hosting and customer support is great too.
5 results