Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with register_globals and magic_quotes_gpc

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 July 2009, 5:04

I have fresh Mahara 1.1.5 installation.

When I log in as admin I recieve the following warnings:

[ENV] 96 You have dangerous PHP settings, register_globals is on. Mahara is trying to work around this, but you should really fix it
[X]

Call stack (most recent first):

* log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, register_globals ...", 1, true, true) at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/lib/errors.php:102
    * log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, register_globals ...") at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/lib/mahara.php:84
    * ensure_sanity() at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/init.php:79
    * require("/home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/init.php") at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/account/index.php:33

[ENV] 96 You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc is on. Mahara is trying to work around this, but you should really fix it
[X]

Call stack (most recent first):

* log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...", 1, true, true) at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/lib/errors.php:102
    * log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...") at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/lib/mahara.php:93
    * ensure_sanity() at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/init.php:79
    * require("/home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/init.php") at /home/*/public_html/ep/mahara/account/index.php:33

I have put a php.ini in the root with which I disable register_globals and magic_quotes_gpc - it can be seen here:
http://www.excellence-bulgaria.org/ep/mahara/phpinfo.php

How to disable this warning or fix the dangerous security settings?
Account deleted

24 July 2009, 5:27

I had this problem (jeOS/Ubuntu 8.04).

It wouldn't clear even after changing it.

I figured that restarting the PostgreSQL and HTTPD/Apache2 Services it would have cleared but my eventual fix/workaround was to drop the database and create a new one. 

As it was a fresh install this wasn't really a bother for me.

You could try restarting the aforementioned services first. 

Account deleted

24 July 2009, 5:37

As a matter of interest, the location of your php.ini..

What platform are you building Mahara on? 

Account deleted

24 July 2009, 7:20

I'm using shared hosting.No idea about the platform.
Account deleted

25 July 2009, 0:10

Hi - the Installation Troubleshooting section has information about this issue Smile
5 results