Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Mahara 20.04 custom layout is gone...

Camille Tardy's profile picture

21 August 2020, 21:27

Hi,

We just updated our Mahara from 19.04  to 20.04 and realised the whole custom layout part of the lib is gone... 😞

We have an external service which is using the custom layout to import data to mahara. I suppose we have to use the new grid layout now.

Is there any info on how to easily switch to the grid layout "lib". Couldn't find anything in the Mahara wiki dev section neither in the git commits.

The conversion form the old layout to the new grid layout is also dodgy in our install. The conversion does not work due to query SQL syntax errors. Thus we cannot edit any previously created pages anymore.

Any tip on that is also welcome :) ( I know I'm quite generic here just want to see if this kind of issue happened to any one else)

🤔 Did any communication went out on this major update in the lib?

Thanks for your advices

Cheers, Cam

22 August 2020, 0:58

Well my second problem was due to mysql not liking the name "row" for an attribute. It must be written with quotes otherwise the query is rejected and no update of pages created with a previous Mahara version can be edited. 

In the sql query in "lib/gridstacklayout.php" > function get_blocks_in_old_layout($viewid) --> ROW must be written using quotes --> `row`.

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

24 August 2020, 12:06

Hi Cam,

Thank you for reporting this issue, we've made a fix for it that you can find here

https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/11171/

Please let us know if it helps you with your problem.

Cheers,

Cecilia

25 August 2020, 19:53

Hi Cecilia, 

Thanks, this should work. 👍

Best

Cam

4 results