Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
blacklisted urls

Andrew Langford's profile picture

27 June 2020, 8:43

I am using 19.10 and have just attempted to make a forum post with 3 url's in it. On the first attempt to post the url to CourseCraft, an LMS, was rejected as blacklisted. Then, on the next attempt to post the url to Open Badge Factory was rejected. Then, blow me down, on the third attempt to post the url to Open Badge Passport was rejected, all because they are blacklisted.

That seems very odd to me as we have never blacklisted them ourselves and, meanwhile, I can't find any reference to blacklisting of url's in Mahara documentation. Seems more like a bug than a rational seeting ...

Anybody got any clues as to where I can track (and modify) this blacklisting?

Cheers

Robert Lyon's profile picture

29 June 2020, 8:40

Hi Andrew,

I'm assuming your sites configuration has Anti-spam set to 'advanced' (Under Admin -> Site options) then it will be using this bit of codeĀ 

https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara/-/blob/master/htdocs/lib/antispam/AdvancedSpamTrap.php#L38

Which checks against three different anti spam lists to see if the URL domain is blacklisted

So checking against those sites directly will let you know if the URLs are actually blacklisted or there is something else happening

Cheers

Robert

Andrew Langford's profile picture

07 July 2020, 9:22

Thanks for that clue, Robert - I am on the case ...

3 results