Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Mahara functionality

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 August 2009, 9:04

Hello,

I've been looking at Mahara for our university and have a few questions regarding functionality.  I should say that I like what I see, but am wondering about the following:

1) Ability to display widgets/gadgets. I thought that the text box might work for this, but it seems to be sanitising any of the iframe, script and object code, I add. It seems reasonable to want to embed widgets from other sites that I use, in my Mahara portfolio. I understand the security risks here, but use of Mahara comes under university regulations, so abuse of Mahara in this way would be dealt with like any other abuse. An option, at least, to allow this, would be useful.

2) A way to clean up imported RSS feeds (i.e. options to not display feed title, etc.) ?

3) Profiles which include usernames? i.e. http://portfolio.example.edu/josswinn

4) RSS/Atom feeds for getting data out of Mahara into other sites, like a blog.

5) Ability to print or download as PDF, a styled view i.e. Resume (I see you answered that in this thread :-)

6) Link user profiles to user's institutional disk space when authenticating with LDAP, Shib, etc. This way, user's files will be kept in one place.

That's all for now!
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 August 2009, 20:14

Hi,

1. We have some filters in place that allow some sites to get through, though we have to write a lot more I feel. There's another thread somewhere, where people were listing the sites they wanted to be let through. I think we should revisit that list and make sure we've got a bunch more of them covered.
  2. Best to file a feature request for those, listing all the options you're interested in.
  3. We can probably do that as a quick htaccess-based hack (based on that other thread). The problem with that is people will be able to get to their portfolios that way, though Mahara will never link to them like that until we do a proper dispatcher, which is more work. 
  4. Yeah, definitely something we should do Smile
  5. Indeed
  6. That's quite a bit of work Wink

A post by Account deleted was deleted

13 results