Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Need help, trying to install again

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 July 2009, 13:38

I just spent a long frustrating afternoon trying to install this on my server.  It is a hosted server at Netfirms.com.  It is running php 5.

I just deleted everything and I am going to start all over.  I had changed so many things I started to lose track.  I thought I had followed the instructions perfectly.  I set everything up, but when I went to the install browser page I got errors and stuff about php_flag.  I went through everything advised in these forums and finally deleted the .htaccess file.  Then when I went to my install all I got was a blank page.  No errors and it was loaded, not waiting for something.  I followed steps with json or something, but that didn't help at all.

I realize my description is not specific and a bit vague, but I was wondering if there was anyone willing to talk me through my new attempt to install.

Thanks in advance

dave gabor

Account deleted

18 July 2009, 14:30

I went ahead and tried again.  I followed the instructions and this is the message my browser is giving me.

Error in /mnt/w0704/d33/s19/b0291ff0/www/mrgabor.com/mahara/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I then deleted the .htaccess file and all I get is a blank page.

Account deleted

19 July 2009, 18:11

Hi - that sounds most strange. It's hard to say exactly what the error is though, there's nothing else in the logs at all?

If there's nothing, and the screen is just blank, I really can't think of what could be wrong. You are using shared hosting, which isn't the most desirable way to do things, because it's really hard to figure out sometimes exactly what is going wrong.

Account deleted

19 July 2009, 22:37

Thank you for your time.  I contacted my hosting provider.  They said Mahara will not work.  They do not support Innodb.  I think I am going to look into changing service.
Account deleted

19 July 2009, 23:32

Frown that is a shame, what hosting provider doesn't even provide InnoDB support? Switching is a good idea Smile
5 results