Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
No Login mask after following Link to mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 July 2009, 5:53

Hi guys,

is it correct that the login fields are not displayed after clicking on a "New Message" or "New Forum Post" Link in an email sent by mahara?

The user is asked to "Please Login" but there is no login field.

Regards Alex

Account deleted

19 July 2009, 18:07

Hi - that sounds very strange for a couple of reasons. First, did you mean 'reply to message/forum post'? And second, yes there should be. Could you provide a screenshot showing us what you see?
Account deleted

20 July 2009, 3:15

No I actually mean the "new message/form post" link in the email sent by mahara.

I took two screenshots. 

First the email with the link:

email link

And the site that opens when I click on the link:

As you can see there is no login mask...

By the way: Is it possible to alter the settings of the networks page directly in a file? Unfortunately the site won't display as xmlrpc and openssl aren't running but I need to set the proxy settings.

thx Alex

Account deleted

20 July 2009, 16:49

Hi. That looks like some kind of theme problem. Does that site have a custom theme? And if so, was it made by copying all of the templates from the default directory? If so, it's possible you have upgraded your site and now changes in the default templates aren't in your copies, causing errors.

Regarding the networking settings - I knew it was a mistake to put those there but I couldn't think of the reason at the time! I think your easiest bet would be to comment out the checks for xmlrpc/curl in that file so you can access the form temporarily.

4 results