Forums | Mahara Community
XMLRPC Plugin hidden field
19 November 2019, 21:37
Hi, Sorry, I've post it in the wrong forum, so I repost.
I installed Mahara 19.10 (with OS Ubuntu 18.04, php 7.2)
When I add XML-RPC auth there aren't field
-Update user on login
I tried with mahara 18.04 and all is ok.
The field are hidden in the modal windows.
What is the problem? or I need to configure other?
NB: I have networking on.
20 November 2019, 7:48
There is a mistake in the code which was made when we switched from having the authentication configuration form being on another page to the new way where it is a modal window.
We were not fetching the values of certain fields correctly
I've made a fix for this problem https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/10615/
Please try the fix and let me know if that works
21 November 2019, 4:17
Ok, all is ok.
The fix is ok.
Now all is ok but when I try to link from Moodle to Mahara, I have this problem:
- log_message("First parameter must either be an object or the na...", 8, true, true, "/var/www/mahara/auth/user.php", 336) at /var/www/mahara/lib/errors.php:521
- error(2, "First parameter must either be an object or the na...", "/var/www/mahara/auth/user.php", 336, array(size 3)) at Unknown:0
- property_exists(false, "probation") at /var/www/mahara/auth/user.php:336
- User->populate(false) at /var/www/mahara/auth/user.php:287
- User->find_by_instanceid_username("33", "prova", true) at /var/www/mahara/auth/xmlrpc/lib.php:154
- AuthXmlrpc->request_user_authorise("951b04ce07b8f803ba7da13f3cf7b93085661b41", "httpsite") at /var/www/mahara/auth/xmlrpc/land.php:78
22 November 2019, 3:59
Ok, all is ok.
You are fantastic!
24 November 2019, 6:09
Ok, there is another little problem. When I add anXMLRPC plugin, just configured, and I submit that, I receive this:
- log_message(string(size 123), integer, true, true, string(size 28), integer) at /var/www/mahara/lib/errors.php:521
- error(integer, string(size 123), string(size 28), integer, array(size 7)) at Unknown:0
- file_get_contents(string(size 34)) at /var/www/mahara/lib/peer.php:165
- Peer->bootstrap(string(size 34), null, string(size 6), string(size 9)) at /var/www/mahara/auth/xmlrpc/lib.php:935
- PluginAuthXmlrpc::save_instance_config_options(array(size 26), object(Pieform)) at /var/www/mahara/lib/mahara.php:1817
- call_static_method(string(size 16), string(size 28), array(size 25), object(Pieform)) at /var/www/mahara/admin/users/addauthority.php:131
- auth_config_submit(object(Pieform), array(size 25)) at /var/www/mahara/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:546
- Pieform->__construct(array(size 9)) at /var/www/mahara/lib/mahara.php:5422
- pieform_instance(array(size 9)) at /var/www/mahara/admin/users/addauthority.php:83
despite this all is ok, and I can use the institution.
27 November 2019, 2:29
I got the same issue as Lukas. I applied the two patches you referred to
and that fixed the initial issue. But when I use SSO from Moodle to Mahara, I get the
"Unable to sign in via SSO.
We were unable to authenticate you at this time. Possible reasons might be:
* Your SSO session might have expired. Go back to the other application and click the link to sign into Mahara again.
* You may not be allowed to SSO to Mahara. Please check with your administrator if you think you should be allowed to."
And in the error log:
[Tue Nov 26 13:21:13.518511 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 337] [client 172.31.100.1:41190] [DBG] ee (auth/xmlrpc/lib.php:173) User authorisation request from MOODLE_WEBSITE_URL failed - remote user 'admin' is unknown to us and auto creation of users is turned off, referer: http://MOODLE_SITE_URL/my/
I also don't see the following option anymore in the XML-RPC settings in 19.10.1 even though it
is still in the documentation https://manual.mahara.org/en/19.10/administration/institutions.html:
"We auto-create users" and this may be causing the issue as I cannot set it. Is there a setting to enable this
setting to appear?
27 November 2019, 5:31
Please ignore my last post. It is working for me now. Must have been something else causing those
settings to not appear.
Thanks for the patches.