Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Approve or Deny Friend Request via Text Link?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 July 2009, 14:14

Anybody have any idea how to approve or deny a friend request via a text link instead of a submit button or what needs to be modified to do this? 

I'm fine with the submit buttons on the user view, but I'd like to use a text links on the search results rather than submit buttons, so the links will match the others ("send message" for example). 

Also, if you delete someone from your friends list, you can't add them again. Only the other person can add you.  Is this intentional or a bug?

Account deleted

16 July 2009, 17:17

Hi - your best bet is probably to use CSS to style both the form buttons and text links so you can make them all look the same. In Mahara 1.2 we've done this actually.

Regarding your later point - sounds like a bug? Might be worth filing a bug for it Smile

Account deleted

16 July 2009, 21:33

Unfortunately, I've found that different browsers handle form button styling quite differently. You really can't get buttons to look like text links consistently across all browsers and making text links look like buttons isn't really what I'm after.  I'll probably just write some custom code then. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do that, though.

Thanks Nigel. 

3 results