Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahoodle with LDAP Authentication

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 August 2009, 15:06

Thanks Nigel!  I will check with the networking dept. to see if I can get you access. 

It seems that the main problem is that Mahara thinks there is a user active that is using LDAP, therefore, it will not allow me to delete it.  The only user in Mahara is Admin and that user is using Internal authentication.  Earlier yesterday I did change the name of the link in Moodle to Mahara.  I am wondering if something happened after I changed that link.  Any thoughts? 

Account deleted

04 August 2009, 19:10

Hi - did the site used to have users who were then deleted? If so, you might have fallen victim to a bug where deleted users still show up as using an auth instance. In that case, the solution is to go into the database directly and delete the records, or update the authinstance and lastauthinstance columns of the usr table to be something else, though I admit it's a bit of a nasty way to solve it Frown
Account deleted

05 August 2009, 7:14

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  Do you happen to have or know where any documentation is regarding how to go about editing the database or updating the authinstance or lastauthinstance columns?

Thanks for your help! 

Account deleted

05 August 2009, 17:36

Hi - you do it using SQL, through a tool like phpmyadmin (whoever set up your Mahara should know about this).

The sql you probably want is something like UPDATE usr SET authinstance = 1, lastauthinstance = 1 WHERE deleted = 1; - but get whoever runs it to check that this won't cause too many problems (backing up the database before doing it is a good idea). 

14 results