Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Post Install Issue

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 July 2009, 8:20

Hello all. Just installed and it seemed to go well, with everything saying "succesfull".  After install I am prompted with the initial login screen, where I try the default username/password. I'm then shot to a screen stating:

Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

Now, if I hit the refresh button in my browser, it seems to take me to the next page (which is where you reset the admin password) So I fill in the new password, click ok, and once again I am given the "site unavailable" message. And, yes, once again if I refresh the page, it seems to kick me to the place I am supposed to be.

So the question, why am I getting the "site unavailable" issue with every page I'm trying to access and how do I resolve this? Thanks for the help!!

Account deleted

07 July 2009, 13:27

I wanted to post my fix... incase it helps others in the future. This website was the key to my success...

https://eduforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3037&group_id=176&atid=739

What I had to do was change a setting in my php.ini config file. I had to make this variable equal to 0 so that it used 128 bits for hashing....

session.hash_function = 0

Account deleted

10 July 2009, 0:46

Hi - it looks like we never did apply that quick fix we were going to, so I've just applied it now and it'll be in the next release for you Smile
3 results