Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 18.04.1. Several errors have occurred

22 June 2018, 3:18

We have installed Mahara 18.04.1.
Several errors have occurred:
- A user sends a message to another user: Sent but the error appears:
Mahara - Institut Jaume Huguet: Site unavailable
A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

- An administrator user can not access notifications. The same error comes out. In the Console, in the block messaging the error description: {"error": true, "error_number": 0, "error_name": "SystemException", "error_class": "SystemException", "error_message": "[Error ]: Call to undefined function mb_strlen () "," error_rendered ":" A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system "}

-When a journal entry is added, the page is processed. It does not go to the next page. The entry has been made correctly, but the website puts processing.

Can you help us solve the problem?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

22 June 2018, 9:24

Hi Josep,

For the first error it sounds like you do not have the PHP module for mbstring installed - see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35756821/call-to-undefined-function-mb-strlen-on-php-7-ubuntu-14-04 for more info on installing it.

For the second problem can you let me know if it still occurs after fixing up mbstring?

The two problems may be related

Cheers

Robert

22 June 2018, 23:00

Hi Robert

I have done everything he has told me and all the problems have been solved. Thank you very much.

3 results