Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Updating or changing pages loads endlessly

kai's profile picture

14 May 2018, 8:46

Hi,

we recently installed and configured Mahara 18.04 on an Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS with PostgreSQL 9.5, using the instructions from the Wiki. By now, most things work, but we're stuck trying to solve two issues.

1) Creating new pages, users or institutions works fine, as does changing the layout. However, trying to update or change settings or some pages (e.g. [our mahara]/account/index.php or [our mahara]/admin/site/pages.php) does not: they get stuck loading endlessly upon clicking "save changes".

The Apache logs show no errors and manually refreshing the pages shows the new content. So I figure the data gets through and into the database, but some expected response just fails?

(I searched this forum and found some people with similar issues (can't link to them because I'm a new user), but all of them used MySQL and it seems like this bug was fixed in version 16.04 already anyway.)

2) The admin starting page keeps telling us Cron is not running or commands failed recently, but Cron is running and successfully executing the command (directing the output into a file works). Not sure what's up with that.

In case it's relevant for any of the issues, we don't have a mail server set up yet.

Any advice is much appreciated and thank you in advance,

Kai

1 result