Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Nothing to upgrade. You are fully up to date. Mahara 18.04.0

Joan Forcada's profile picture

18 April 2018, 19:44

Hello,

We have a problem with an update 17.10.3.

The other content items than Text and Image have disappeared from our Content Chooser menu. We do not know how to activate items such as Media, Journal, External item, RSS, etc. I attach a imatge.Image1.jpg

We don't have any errors in the registry of the log. 

I have activated the all administrative plugin in Administration -> Extensions -> Plugin administration.

I want to try to upgrade to 18.04.0 to check code problems. But I get the following message after the following command sudo -u apache / usr / bin / php /var/www/html/admin/cli/upgrade.php : "Nothing to upgrade. You are fully up to date."

Tell me somethings, please. 

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

26 April 2018, 17:03

Hi Joan,

How did you perfom the upgrade of the files? Did you copy the new version directory over the old one? Could you have the same issue as discussed in this post?

https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5846#post24960

Cheers,

Cecilia

26 April 2018, 18:44

To update the version I followed these steps:

1. Download the new version.
2. Copy the folder (html) of the version downloaded in this direction: / var / www
3. Rename the current "html" folder to "html.old".
4. Rename the folder from step 2 to "html".
5. Copy the file /var/www/html.old/config.php to / var / www / html.

What do you mean by this question:
Did you copy the new version directory over the old one?

I have reviewed this link: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5846#post24960 and it is not the same. Here they have the content chooser menu and they haven't problems upgrading to version 18.04.

Thanks for your help.

27 April 2018, 14:19

Hi Joan,

One thing you could do is check in the database the table blocktype_installed_category. This should contain all items to be displayed in the Block chooser. If in that table you don't see one row for each element you want in the Block chooser, then that is the problem we need to fix.

If that is not the problem, then it would be useful for us to know more about the issue, so we can try to replicate it.
For example, does it happen for all users on all pages? Does the Block chooser display different items for different pages (personal, institution, profile, group, site pages)? Did you see an error when upgrading the first time?

Cheers,

Cecilia

27 April 2018, 18:31

Hello cecilia,

Effectively, the problem is the database. I have checked the blocktype_installed_category and I only see one row for "image" and one for "text". All others are missing: Media, Journals, General, Personal Info, External... 

Captura.PNG

How can I solve that?

In the update I didn't have any problem.

Thank you very much.

02 May 2018, 18:17

Can you help me please? 

Thank you.

02 May 2018, 22:58

I have updated version 18.04 and I only have one error (attached image).

Logs_update_18.04.0 Mahara.PNG

The content chooser still shows "text" and "image" names. The problem remains the same. 

Captura.PNG.1

03 May 2018, 10:19

Hi Joan,

The only thing I can see in the code that could make the records in table 'blocktype_installed_category' disappear is a plugin upgrade that called function 'install_blocktype_categories_for_plugin' in file htdocs/lib/upgrade.php.

This function updates the records by deleting and reinserting them again in that table. I see that it only inserts back a blocktype record if its category is also listed in table blocktype_category. So you should check also that table blocktype_category looks something like:
name | sort
----------------+------
shortcut | 0
fileimagevideo | 1
blog | 2
general | 3
internal | 4
resume | 5
external | 6

If that one is empty or has missing items too then we have to fix both of them. Please also check table 'blocktype_installed', it should contain a row for each item you want to display in the content chooser.

Cecilia

03 May 2018, 18:38

Hi Cecilia,

I attach the images of tables:

Blocktype_category

Blocktype_category.PNG.1

Blocktype_installed

Blocktype_installed.PNG.1

What should I do to repair the problem?

Tell me something please.