Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
sometimes pages (other users shared wotj me) will not be found

Jungle Chen's profile picture

21 November 2016, 18:57

Hey,

Other users share pages with me ,and I can find them on Pages(shared with me ). But sometimes  I cannot find them, pages disappear, and another day, those pages reoccur.

I don't know what cause this.  Pages shared with me are unstable.  Any reply will be appreciated.

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

22 November 2016, 15:59

Hi Jungle Chen,

What version of Mahara are you using? Also, do you know which database (mysql / postgres)?

As you know, sometimes users can put access restrictions on the pages such as from/to date you're allowed to see them.

Do you know if those pages have a date/time limit on them?

Thanks,

Ghada

Jungle Chen's profile picture

22 November 2016, 18:54

Thanks Ghada.

Mahara version is 15.10.5 (2015092927) ,and database is Mysql. I can make sure all the pages shared with me and do not set restriction.

I don't know whether that problem was caused by cron running . It means when cron running, it will activate a task to run at a certain time, which cause pages shared with me disappeared. And after that task finished, pages shared with me reappear.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jungle CHEN

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

14 December 2016, 20:16

Hi Jungle Chen,

So the pages appear shared , then disappear, then appear again - without anyone doing anything? ie. the owner of the page is not giving you access again?

If that's the case, then that's a strange one. Do you know how many pages and users exist in your Mahara?

I can see that access is dropped and recreated when the owner of a collection is updating the collection. Same when a group is updated - i.e. it's shared pages access are dropped and re-inserted.

But, these are all within a transaction.

I don't see a cron job that runs to give/take away access. The access is calculated on the fly when a user goes into the shared with me screen.

You mentioned that the db is MySql, are all the tables using InnoDB as the engine?

Thanks,

Ghada

4 results