Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embed calendar other than Google

Paul Raper's profile picture

05 November 2021, 20:29

Hi Tobias,

I found some space amongst the grading and feedback sessions at work.

I put my Mahara into a place of its own, so I am not working constantly with sub-directories or sub-domains all over the place.

OwnCloud I could do by copying the link as you described, but, the data doesn't seem to come across, and in fact the same applies for NextCloud.

The calendar displays, which it didn't before, but as I say, just no data is coming across.

If you need any log file data, let me know.

I can also set you up a login to my Mahara too if you like.

12 November 2021, 1:48

Hi Tobias,

Good news in that I am able to have the calendar displayed from both NextCloud and OwnCloud, but for some strange reason, no data seems to transfer. Do you have any thoughts on why this might be?

12 November 2021, 2:03

Hi, Tobias, I got Owncloud to work, but Nextcloud just comes up with a message that says "true".

Tobias Zeuch's profile picture

12 November 2021, 12:20

Hi Paul,

most problems are probably caused by the separation of the path and the calendar name. I think I copied that interface design from my mobile phone but looking at it now, that was a mistake. The links in owncloud and nextcloud come in one single entry and that should be the way to specify the calendar.

So when you copy the link from your nextcloud calendar instance, you have to cut off the last part, which is the calendar name, and paste the rest into the path-field. And the calendar name goes into the second field.

Unfortunately, the auto-discovery doesn't properly split the values either I think, so you would have to manually delete the calendar name from the path-string and put it into the calendar-name field.

Can you check that again?

Best regards
Tobias

12 November 2021, 20:32

Hi Tobias,

That is what I did for both NextCloud and OwnCloud.

I simply put the paths in as described, and then separated off the section for the calendar name. For OwnCloud it worked just fine, but NextCloud for some reason did not like the idea and simply displays True.

I will look at creating a separate area for a Next Cloud installation, one that has a dedicated path and see what happens.

Paul

20 October 2021, 20:57

Hi Tobias,

Brilliant, and thanks again for this input, it really is appreciated.

Best,

Paul

36 results