Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embed calendar other than Google

Paul Raper's profile picture

24 October 2021, 5:38

Hi Tobias,

Hmmm. Heres the funny thing. With my NextCloud instance I still get the same error, and with OwnCloud, I see nothing at all.

Just out of interest, did you give this last iteration a new name or the same as the one before?

Paul

Tobias Zeuch's profile picture

24 October 2021, 10:21

Hi Paul,

I adjusted the minor release number after merging Roberts change but not when I uploaded the version that I created under linux. I can't imagine that that makes any difference though. Installing a new version could be used if the plugin came with specific database tables and you wanted to update them for the next version, but if you replace the code in the blocktype-folder, then the new code will run with or without pushing the update button, I'm sure.

Can you have a look at the error log again? And if you create test-accounts for me in your owncloud and nextcloud, I will try to configure those in my mahara-instance to see if I can reproduce the error.

Did you configure the calendar via the autodiscovery? Then please check, if the base-url terminates with the calendar name. If that is the case, please remove the calendar name at the end of the base-url and try again.

Best regards
Tobias

24 October 2021, 20:05

Hi Tobias,

Sure, no problems. I did try the Autodiscover in many different configurations but with no luck, so your idea of the cloud accounts is a good one.

Do you have an e-mail address that I could use in the two?

Best,

Paul

24 October 2021, 20:18

With Nextcloud I get:

Error: <!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="ie=edge">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no">
  <title>404 Not Found</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/error_docs/styles.css">
</head>
<body>
<div class="page">
  <div class="main">
    <h1>Server Error</h1>
    <div class="error-code">404</div>
    <h2>Page Not Found</h2>
    <p class="lead">This page either doesn't exist, or it moved somewhere else.</p>
    <hr/>
    <p>That's what you can do</p>
    <div class="help-actions">
      <a href="javascript:location.reload();">Reload Page</a>
      <a href="javascript:history.back();">Back to Previous Page</a>
      <a href="/">Home Page</a>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

And the following images.

• NextCloud Calendar-1.png
  • NextCloud Calendar-2.png
  • NextCloud Calendar-3.png

24 October 2021, 20:11

This is the error that comes back from my Owncloud instance. There is no onscreen message that shows unlike the Nextcloud instance.

• OwnCloud Calendar.png

26 October 2021, 10:25

Hi Paul,

I sent you a private message with the email address.

The Nextcloud-Error message looks like Nextcloud and my plugin don't agree about the protocol in some point. Owncloud doesn't raise any error, which could mean that it's just a configuration issue. If you create test accounts, I should be able to find out more.

Best regards
Tobias

26 October 2021, 20:54

Hi Tobias,

Do you have an e-mail address I can use for your test accounts?

Best,

Paul

27 October 2021, 5:20

Hi Paul,

Please have a look at your inbox. I sent you the mail via internal message.

Best regards
Tobias

31 October 2021, 10:11

Hi Paul,

the good news is that I was able to set up a calendar from your nextcloud-system by using the ellipsis-menu item "copy private link" on my calendar. You still have to manually split the calendar-name off the end and put that into the field "Calendar".

The autodiscovery did not work. Do you know, if that is set up? I think you need some rewrite-rule or something in your case, because the next-cloud instance lives in a sub-directory ("nextcloud"). I had to do that manually for my owncloud some years ago, but I don't remember all the details right now.

And for the autodiscovery with Owncloud it seems that the library I use does not follow redirects. Still I was able to display a calendar by copying the direct-link from the calendar-view (you can display that in Owncloud by clicking the "link" option in the ellipsis-menu for the calendar.

I will give this logic about the separate fields for base-url and calendar a thought. Maybe this can be done smarter. But I'm not sure, if I can easily replace the library that I use to talk to CalDav. So I'm not sure about what I can do about the calendar-discovery.

Best regards
Tobias

31 October 2021, 20:52

Hi Tobias,

Some great progress, and perhaps we need to look at creating some instructions for other users that would help them to set this up on an own instance.

I know I did put Mahara to some frustration some years back when they too had assumed that everyone used these resources on dedicated server paths, I am a bit different in that mine tend to share a domain, and then have sub domains for the resoursces.

Best,

Paul