Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Server Synchronisation

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 June 2009, 7:11

Hi everyone

I have written a new blog to help others use rsync to successfully synchronize servers running CentOS Linux, DSpace, LAMS, Mahara and Moodle. It covers synchronization between servers with identical hardware architectures and different hardware architectures. It is also a guide to using rsync to create a mirrored copy server.

Please select this link for more information.

Best wishes

Clive

Account deleted

25 June 2009, 20:51

Hiya - looks like you were fooled at one point, as many people are, by wwwroot being in the config table in the database. We should really fix that..
Account deleted

26 June 2009, 3:34

Hi Nigel

Is that why Mahara would not talk to Moodle and the XMLRPC certificates didn't match, without a re-install of Mahara?

Please let me know as I have to repeat the process in mid-August and knowing this could help a lot :)

Thanks

Clive 

Account deleted

26 June 2009, 22:31

The SSL certificates are generated per hostname, which means that if you move hostnames you have to regenerate the certificates.

In Mahara, there's no easy way to re-generate a key save deleting it in the database and then hitting the Networking page in the admin section again. If you do this, you'll have to paste the new public key (which you'll see on that page) into Moodle on the right screen in the Networking config so it knows about the change.

Account deleted

30 June 2009, 13:33

I guess that is why i couldn't get moodle and mahara talking after changing both sites to be on a public IP instead of a private one. Is there an easy-ish way of deleting the key in the database for a postgresql newbie? Or could I even just delete the database as the site is not in use yet? If so again is that an easy thing to do for a postgresql newbie? Embarassed
Account deleted

30 June 2009, 23:37

Hi, using SQL:

DELETE FROM config WHERE field LIKE 'openssl%';

That will clear out all the openssl related fields, including the key.

Account deleted

01 July 2009, 1:27

Thanks Nigel,

So this will work on a postgresql database as well?

I'll try it out when I get to work.Smile

Account deleted

01 July 2009, 3:08

I dropped my database completely just to be on the safe side!

I then went through configuring the site and then the mahoodle documentation BUT at the end of it all I stiil got Sorry, could not log you in :(

Could the problem be on the moodle side perhaps?

I can't start moodle again from scratch as it is in full use  

Account deleted

01 July 2009, 16:38

Hi. When you get that problem, it always pays to look in the Moodle and the Mahara apache error logs to see if there are any specific messages about what went wrong. Normally, the Mahara one at least will have an explanation as to why it failed.
Account deleted

02 July 2009, 4:19

Thanks Nigel, Having looked through the logs I noticed this line...

[Thu Jul 02 10:08:04 2009] [error] [client 10.60.29.160] [WAR] 73 (api/xmlrpc/client.php:132) Time drift (0, 3505) is too large., referer: http://www.prentonmoodle.co.uk/

I checked the time and it was out by an hour on the moodle server. Embarassed

14 results