Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with Elasticsearch

24 September 2016, 1:32

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the installation of the plugin ElasticSearch.
So, I stepped through the instructions of the documentation, but I still have problems.

Here are my results when I start a research on Mahara in the CMD console:

[2016-09-23 15:12:01,621][DEBUG][action.search            ] [Bennet du Paris] [mahara][3], node[cLt-JgkcQRykGtz8fSGQFw], [P], v[10], s[STARTED], a[id=HjWxQmkyRUSCvSlQm_u9Rg]: Failed to execute [org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequest@1050cfc] lastShard [true]
RemoteTransportException[[Bennet du Paris][127.0.0.1:9300][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]]; nested: SearchParseException[failed to parse search source [{"from":0,"size":10,"query":{"filtered":{"query":{"query_string":{"query":"mahdemo","analyzer":"mahara_analyzer","default_operator":"AND"}},"filter":{"and":[{"or":[{"missing":{"field":"access.general"}},{"term":{"access.general":"public"}},{"term":{"access.general":"loggedin"}},{"terms":{"access.institutions":["mahdemo","mahdemoa","mahdemob","medzone"]}},{"term":{"owner":"1"}},{"term":{"access.usrs":"1"}}]}]}}},"facets":{"mainFacetTerm":{"facet_filter":{"and":[{"or":[{"missing":{"field":"access.general"}},{"term":{"access.general":"public"}},{"term":{"access.general":"loggedin"}},{"terms":{"access.institutions":["mahdemo","mahdemoa","mahdemob","medzone"]}},{"term":{"owner":"1"}},{"term":{"access.usrs":"1"}}]}]},"terms":{"field":"mainfacetterm","order":"count"}}}}]]; nested: QueryParsingException[[query_string] analyzer [mahara_analyzer] not found];
Caused by: SearchParseException[failed to parse search source [{"from":0,"size":10,"query":{"filtered":{"query":{"query_string":{"query":"mahdemo","analyzer":"mahara_analyzer","default_operator":"AND"}},"filter":{"and":[{"or":[{"missing":{"field":"access.general"}},{"term":{"access.general":"public"}},{"term":{"access.general":"loggedin"}},{"terms":{"access.institutions":["mahdemo","mahdemoa","mahdemob","medzone"]}},{"term":{"owner":"1"}},{"term":{"access.usrs":"1"}}]}]}}},"facets":{"mainFacetTerm":{"facet_filter":{"and":[{"or":[{"missing":{"field":"access.general"}},{"term":{"access.general":"public"}},{"term":{"access.general":"loggedin"}},{"terms":{"access.institutions":["mahdemo","mahdemoa","mahdemob","medzone"]}},{"term":{"owner":"1"}},{"term":{"access.usrs":"1"}}]}]},"terms":{"field":"mainfacetterm","order":"count"}}}}]]; nested: QueryParsingException[[query_string] analyzer [mahara_analyzer] not found];
        at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:873)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createContext(SearchService.java:667)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createAndPutContext(SearchService.java:633)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeQueryPhase(SearchService.java:377)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:368)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:365)
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportRequestHandler.messageReceived(TransportRequestHandler.java:33)
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.RequestHandlerRegistry.processMessageReceived(RequestHandlerRegistry.java:77)
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4.doRun(TransportService.java:376)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: [mahara] QueryParsingException[[query_string] analyzer [mahara_analyzer] not found]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryStringQueryParser.parse(QueryStringQueryParser.java:148)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryParseContext.parseInnerQuery(QueryParseContext.java:250)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.FilteredQueryParser.parse(FilteredQueryParser.java:76)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryParseContext.parseInnerQuery(QueryParseContext.java:250)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.innerParse(IndexQueryParserService.java:320)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.parse(IndexQueryParserService.java:223)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.parse(IndexQueryParserService.java:218)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryParseElement.parse(QueryParseElement.java:33)
        at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:856)
        ... 12 more

I install the latest version of Elasticsearch (master) and I have the latest version of Mahara (16.04).

Any suggestions ?

Thank you !
Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

24 September 2016, 9:42

Hi,

Mahara works with version 2.3.1 of elastica. 

Can you try it with that version?

To see which version Mahara works with, please refer to the file:

docs/lib/elastica/README.Mahara

Downloads can be found at :

http://elastica.io/releases/

Please let us know how you go. 
Cheers, 
Ghada 

26 September 2016, 20:31

Hello ! Thank you !

And which version of Elasticsearch ?

With the last version :

"A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system"

And with the 1.7.3 I can't install Elastica :

"Error : Can not find or load the main class org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginManager"

26 September 2016, 20:45

For the version 1.7.3 I install elasticsearch-0.19.11.jar and it works, but I have the same problem :

"A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system"

Ps. Java version : "1.8.0_101"

26 September 2016, 21:04

[mahara] QueryParsingException[[query_string] analyzer [mahara_analyzer] not found]

26 September 2016, 21:44

Hi,

The Mahara wiki also has instructions on how to set up elasticsearch:

* https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Setting_up_Elasticsearch

I've also googled your bug and came up with this:

* http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/bin-plugin-Failing-to-find-org-elasticsearch-plugins-PluginManager-td4026333.html

Which indicates it might be a permissions issue.

I currently run with version "0.90.2" of elasticsearch and don't have any issues.

My Java version is:

java version "1.7.0_101"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.6) (7u101-2.6.6-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ghada

26 September 2016, 23:33

Thank you !

With your version it works ! Great ! cool

27 September 2016, 0:11

Great news. Have fun searching!

8 results