Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Mahara 1.2 new features and pluggins

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 June 2009, 4:01

Hello,

As it seems that the new version 1.2 will include new features and pluggins, I wonder if we could create a folder for the English language repository -not the pirate, but the standard one :-) -, with all the language files for the different pluggins added to the standard installation. I believe that this would make easier the traslators' work as we only have to check the new commits in that repository.

What do you think?... What would be the best way of tracking new language files, otherwise?

I have another question: my understanding is that the version 1.2 will also include the spanish language package for the TinyMCE hmtl editor. Am I right?

Regards

Mari

Account deleted

25 June 2009, 21:10

Hi,

The new features/plugins etc. are committed to the 'master' branch. In your translation repository, there should also be a master branch, which contains the translation of everything that's on our master (and 1.1_STABLE for stuff on our 1.1_STABLE etc.).

In the case that they're not yet on the master branch, they will be merged at some point before the release, as anything not on the master branch won't make it into the next release. So when they're merged, you'll know they're definitely in the release and able to be translated.

Account deleted

26 June 2009, 3:36

Hello Nigel,

Thanks for your prompt answer. Yes, I know that all the new developments and pluggins are stored in the master branch, but I was wondering if , instead of cloning the whole branch for downloading and translating the corresponding language files for the new pluggins, it would be possible to have a branch only for  the language files included in the standard installation. In this way, I believe that it would be easier to identify the new files that need to be translated.

However, having said that, I also realise that the old language files may also change, as new features are being added, so we  would still need to review the whole language package and track all the commits done in the master branch, unless there is an easier way of monitoring these changes.

Regards

David Mudrák's profile picture

26 June 2009, 9:25

Mari,

have you tried  the adminlang tool? It automatically detects missing strings and missing language files. I have not rebased the branch onto master yet, however. I usually start with localization at the "feature freeze" moment, it est the first beta release. So I will prepare the "1.2-beta version" of the adminlang tool when Nigel decides the master is stable enough to release a beta.

--mudrd8mz 

Account deleted

05 November 2009, 6:46

Hi David!

Do You have any good news about the Adminlang  tool for Mahara 1.2?  :)

Csaba

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

05 November 2009, 11:09

I rebase adminlang daily on top of master (and 1.1_STABLE) and have just fixed a couple of glitches (probably due to a bad merge I did in the past when conflicts arose), but overall it seems to work as expected.

I don't publish this merged branch anywhere (we are not using it yet), but if anyone is interested (including David), I could put it on git.mondragon.edu.

Saludos,
Iñaki.

Account deleted

05 November 2009, 13:10

Hola Iñaki,

Thanks for the plug at the Moodle Moot in Madrid, by the way.

I haven´t used Adminlang for a while as the sh file that  you wrote was quite useful to identify new files and modified string between versions 1.1 and 1.2.

I think that  I will start translating   the new import-export pluggins of Mahara for the 1.2.04 beta version (I was just waiting the release of the stable one).

Just to compare tools, if we want to download the latest version of adminlang, where can we download it: in your own repository or in Mahara´s one?

Regards

05 November 2009, 14:46

Speaking of the plug, as we say here in Spain: "Al Cesar lo que es el Cesar" :-)

Regarding your question about downloading the latest version of adminlang, there's nowhere you can download it right now :-). It's sitting on one of our servers but we haven't put it in a public site yet. I'm pushing the branch to git.mondragon.edu as I type this tough, so you should be able to clone it from there by teh time you read this.

It's David's branch plus a few more merges with master and a couple of fixes for the conflicts of those merges. So anyone using David's branches should be able to merge it without effort (and without conflicts).

Saludos,
Iñaki.

05 November 2009, 18:25

Ooops! In fact I don't rebase it, I actually merge it :-) (just to clarify)

Saludos,
Iñaki.

David Mudrák's profile picture

06 November 2009, 17:41

> I don't rebase it, I actually merge it 

Uf, I am happy to hear that :-) Sorry I did not have much time looking at this - I shall do asap

18 results