Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Site unavailable - page diapered

Anita Fischer's profile picture

18 June 2016, 22:19

Hi

The content of a page has vanished and I have no idea what happend.

When I tried to edit the page (to put back the content) it first just kept on loading and loading. I then changed the title and the following message appeared:

Site unavailable: A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system  

The strange thing is that this page was part of a collection and everything else is working fine. 

What could have happened? I am grateful for any support. for retrieving the page. I put quite some time in creating it.

Thanks
Anita

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

18 June 2016, 23:33

Hi Anita,

It sounds like it could be this bug:

https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7584

If it is, the data is still there but Mahara doesn't know how to display it. And, you will need to apply the above code fix.

Otherwise, can you please provide the following information :

What version of Mahara are you using?

Can you provide the error log? This will greatly help to pinpoint the location of the bug.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Ghada

19 June 2016, 23:29

Hello Ghada

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I am using the version 15.04.5.

Unfortunately I do not know how to provide an error log and I am not skilled enough to aply the workaround provided by the link you sent me. 

However, I will forward your information to my webhosting company and hope that they will be able to help me. 

Or do you have an idea what I could do to fix this myself?

Thanks and regards

Anita

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

20 June 2016, 0:23

Hi Anita,

Please see if your web hosting company  can provide you with an error log. It will really help.

Cheers,
Ghada

20 June 2016, 2:13

Ok, will do so and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

Anita

5 results