Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Issue about image gallery

na li's profile picture

25 May 2016, 16:30

Dear Mahara Developers,

Many thanks for your great contributions to Mahara. I'm a big fan of Mahara. Our University is using Mahara Version 15.10.2 with MySQL 5.1. 73, PHP 5.3.3, Apache/2.2.15 (Unix).

The issue we've got is about using image gallery. If I choose the "Display all images from a folder including images uploaded later", there won't be any images display on the page. I'm quite sure that the folder I've selected do has the images in it.

Would you please help with this?

Many thanks.

Following is the screenshot of image gallery's image selection:

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.17.03 PM.png

The below screenshot is showing that there's no images display on the page:

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.01.58 PM.png

Best wishes,

Lina

Robert Lyon's profile picture

25 May 2016, 17:33

Hi Lina

It looks as though you've not selected a folder to display, or have selected one that contains no images.

The configuration should look like this. The folder you want to display will be listed under the 'folder' heading. To select the folder you need to click on the row near the folder name (but not on it, this issue is fixed up in later releases where a select button is added to make things easier)

gallery1.png

Cheers

Robert

na li's profile picture

26 May 2016, 13:23

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking your time to help me with this.

Yes, you are right. I've clicked the folder name, but actually I should click the blank area to select the folder. It's good to know the new release will have the select button. We will upgrade Mahara in this summer.

Many thanks again for your kind help.

Best wishes,

Lina

Stefanie Berger's profile picture

26 May 2016, 21:27

Hi Lisa,

may be, you have to refresh your Mahara. There was a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1517478 (No button for choose a folder) an the fix is released :-)

Stefanie

na li's profile picture

27 May 2016, 16:17

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for the information. That's really helpful. We plan to upgrade our current Mahara to a latest version in this summer.

Best wishes,

Lina

5 results